DAB radio is dire???

ICE, Equipment, Options
loadsaqash

Post by loadsaqash »

Hi, 1st post as just recently become a Qashqai owner for the 1st time. Purchased a 2015 Acenta plus model which so far I am really enjoying. However the DAB radio is driving me nuts. It works ok for 30 secs then cuts out for a few seconds, comes back on, disappears for a minute whilst the screen says loading.

I've had a look around on the net for advice but thought I'd start this post to establish, does everyone have this problem or is it just your luck? I've had t back to the garage once for them to have a look at and surprise surprise it worked no bother all day with them, didn't cut out at all but funnily enough it cuts out as I drive it away. I also believe my car has had the latest software update. I also have a Audi and its DAB is far superior, hardly ever cuts out, is this just something I am going to have to live with or can this be permanently fixed?

Many Thanks

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

The odd few have experienced dab problems but don't hear much of it lately. Seems software updates sort it. Compared to FM the dab radio is far better.
loadsaqash

Post by loadsaqash »

Thanks for your response.

I think I'll need to get it booked back in because it really is shocking how bad it is. Just thought I'd get some opinions on here before speaking with the dealer. I was assured the software is up to date, but surely it isn't if DAB is so bad. Is there a way I can check what software version I have and does anybody know the latest software version number?

Regarding the FM i'm not entirely convinced with that either but at least it doesn't cut out.

Hoping this can be fixed.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Ours works fine out here in Berlin and I have installed a " Shark Fin" Antenna which is not DAB compatible and it still works fine for us. Get it booked in to a Dealer !. Try entering in the "Search" Facility "DAB Radio" and you will find quite a few Posts will be available to read with comments which might well help you - Give it a Go Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
loadsaqash

Post by loadsaqash »

Just accessed the hidden menu to check my software version which is D302. Reading through the forum this appears to be the latest version and people no longer experience DAB problems. I'm now puzzled as to why I am still receiving problems.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Loose connection? Corrupt files on the software? Hardware fault on the Connect head unit?
Danny

Post by Danny »

Sorry to hear you're having issues. When I finally discovered how to switch from FM to DAB I found the quality of the sound to be vastly superior to FM. I would speak with your dealer as that shouldn't be happening. Mine has been faultless.
2016 - 1.2 Xtronic - N-tec + - Blade Silver
duncho

Post by duncho »

If you have antenna on the roof and other bands are fine (FM, AM) it may be that the antenna rod is broken. It is wide band antenna with 4 antennas integrated on one rod, tuned to 4 different wave lengths (AM band, FM band, DAB and DAB+ band). These are very different frequencies and it could be that the DAB/DAB+ is not properly wired - connected to signal output - the screw you see on the bottom of the rod.

If you by replacing the rod confirm no issue with the rod, there are 3 other reasons that could cause DAB radio dropping:
- antenna base (active component with 4 bands amplifier)
- smashed antenna cable which unbalance cable impedance and creates high attenuation on the highest frequencies which is DAB/DAB+
- faulty DAB/DAB+ tuner on Nissan Connect

You amy want to check signal levels and quality on the Connect (Connect TEST MODE I explained elsewhere on the forum), which will not tell you much unless you do side by side comparison with another car in good DAB signal coverage.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Pjonah

Post by Pjonah »

There must be a fault with it, mine works really well, in fact I'd say its never cut out even in the mountains of Snowdonia and the Highlands of Scotchland. Really impressive quality and coverage, it stops in the north bore of Blackwall tunnel but thats about it.
QQ1.5dCi Tekna Thermonuclear Panoramic intercontinental Ballistic Missile Chrome Mirrors
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

So far the limited miles I have done in the car its been fine, other than the other side of the south downs (Brighton/Worthing Area) which I seem to have the cutting in/cutting out all the time.

Locally in the suburbs of London signal is very good and quality much superior over FM
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof