DAB radio is dire???

ICE, Equipment, Options
buckm

Post by buckm »

Hi, DAB is exactly the same in our 14 plate acentre premium, it's awful, gets the channel for about 5 seconds then drops and never returns, I've got a 59 plate focus and the DAB in that never drops, it's going in on monday to get an update as we are on software D024, so hopefully that will fix it, we've also seen the radio stop playing music on a USB stick for about 30 seconds the it starts again.

Mike

loadsaqash

Post by loadsaqash »

buckm wrote:Hi, DAB is exactly the same in our 14 plate acentre premium, it's awful, gets the channel for about 5 seconds then drops and never returns, I've got a 59 plate focus and the DAB in that never drops, it's going in on monday to get an update as we are on software D024, so hopefully that will fix it, we've also seen the radio stop playing music on a USB stick for about 30 seconds the it starts again.

Mike
Well its been in a couple of times and they have tried to fob me off saying the software is up to date, they cant recreate the fault however I still have the problem. Even the FM is really ropey, clear as day one min and crackly the next. The dealer is now going to replace the aerial base and hopefully that will fix it. I do have a suspicion it's some sort of faulty of connection somewhere as the head unit and other functions work fine, its just the radio that plays up. Will report back in a couple of weeks once they have replaced the aerial base.
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

loadsaqash wrote:
buckm wrote:Hi, DAB is exactly the same in our 14 plate acentre premium, it's awful, gets the channel for about 5 seconds then drops and never returns, I've got a 59 plate focus and the DAB in that never drops, it's going in on monday to get an update as we are on software D024, so hopefully that will fix it, we've also seen the radio stop playing music on a USB stick for about 30 seconds the it starts again.

Mike
Well its been in a couple of times and they have tried to fob me off saying the software is up to date, they cant recreate the fault however I still have the problem. Even the FM is really ropey, clear as day one min and crackly the next. The dealer is now going to replace the aerial base and hopefully that will fix it. I do have a suspicion it's some sort of faulty of connection somewhere as the head unit and other functions work fine, its just the radio that plays up. Will report back in a couple of weeks once they have replaced the aerial base.
If its on D024 then it IS on old software and they ARE fobbing you off. My DAB was a right mess and the unit would reboot and cut out until the software was upgraded to D302 (I'm not sure of that version number that as it was a while ago).
buckm

Post by buckm »

Well the car went in then came back out again about 30 mins later as some complete donut had only written down 1 of the 3 things that needed to be done, so we have a spare key that actually works now, but no software upgrade, and still have a damn annoying whistle from the passenger side of the car (think its the wing mirror) so its going back in on wednesday. grrrr
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I do not know if this will help but we had our QQ upgraded to D053 in Aug 14 and we do not have a problem out here in Berlin - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
loadsaqash

Post by loadsaqash »

Getting frustrating now. Car was in today and has had aerial base changed apparently. Car was dropped off to me this afternoon, so I took it out for a spin and was working for about 5 mins then boom! Normal service has resumed! I'm not sure where it goes from here but that's software checks done, aerial base changed. I've a feeling the full head unit is going to have to be replaced. Every other function such as sat nav is fine, just the radio is shocking.

Dealer will be getting another call tomorrow.
loadsaqash

Post by loadsaqash »

Well car went back in on Wednesday, This time they claimed to do something with software again(not convinced) but they changed the aerial and has been working fine since (fingers crossed). Can't believe its been such an easy fix all that time!!
buckm

Post by buckm »

Software upgrade fixed our issue, went up north on Friday and the radio never lost its DAB connection. Changed channel a few times and picked up the station straight away. Now on D302
karthic180

Post by karthic180 »

Getting my new QQ all new in June, played around with the dab and nissan connect. Looks ok and also has update to receive talk radio and other new stations. Would be better to have android auto and apple car play
QQ Tekna 1.2 DIG-T Automatic petrol Blade Sliver Panoramic Roof/Scatch+Dent Insurance . QQ day 20th June 2016
jarvinhio

Post by jarvinhio »

loadsaqash wrote:Getting frustrating now. Car was in today and has had aerial base changed apparently. Car was dropped off to me this afternoon, so I took it out for a spin and was working for about 5 mins then boom! Normal service has resumed! I'm not sure where it goes from here but that's software checks done, aerial base changed. I've a feeling the full head unit is going to have to be replaced. Every other function such as sat nav is fine, just the radio is shocking.

Dealer will be getting another call tomorrow.
Got the same car in the same year and had the same problem. I had my firmware updated to latest one but DAB radio is useless and normal radio just cuts in and out. Did changing the aerial work for you ?