DAB radio is dire???

ICE, Equipment, Options
Nightshade

Post by Nightshade »

Mine has been fine and certainly better han the FM option on teh same channel - however, this morning it went 'wonky' and doing exactly the same as the OP. I did wonder if it was a DAB technical fault/atmospherics, rather than blaming the QQ/Connect straight off the bat.
Leicestershire, UK - 1.5diesel Tekna Pan Roof in Nightshade

Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

Mine works really well. Far better than that fitted to the Honda CRV, in that it holds on to signals better without cutting out. The Honda does revert to FM automatically when the same station is available, although with a 2 second delay both ways [in opposite direction].
All in all I much prefer the Qashqai DAB due to its tenacity of holding onto signal, which makes your experience seem rather odd.
Never seen the screen say 'loading' or similar. Not since the initial loading of stations when the car was new. Is there something wrong with yours I wonder?
big_boz

Post by big_boz »

The dab in out 65 plate ntec+ is rubbish compared to my 15 plate Passat.
65 Plate Quashqi 1.5DCI Ntec+, 15 Plate Passat GT, 1972 Vw Beetle, 02 Plate Alfa 147
loadsaqash

Post by loadsaqash »

Thanks for all the responses guys.

Sounds like it should work with no issues, so I've booked into the garage for them to take a look at it again(they will be being reminded this the 2nd time).

Hopefully be a happy ending. Great car so far, just infuriating listening to the radio.
Summerjunk

Post by Summerjunk »

I had problems with my dab and some issues with music playback so my whole unit was replaced, working fine again now. Does the unit sometimes pause when playing cd or music through bluetooth?
loadsaqash

Post by loadsaqash »

Summerjunk wrote:I had problems with my dab and some issues with music playback so my whole unit was replaced, working fine again now. Does the unit sometimes pause when playing cd or music through bluetooth?
Not actually tried a cd or that! Will get onto to that next to rule that out.
loadsaqash

Post by loadsaqash »

Not sure what this means but in DAB section of secret menu it says field strength -85?
loadsaqash

Post by loadsaqash »

Well that's it been back to the dealership, factory reset and other software checks Carried out. Surprise surprise, drove away and still dropping out :o . I actually think I may have made a break through. It seems the dab works much better whilst the car is stationary but very dodgy on the move.

Anyway dealership will be receiving another call tomorrow.
BWA

Post by BWA »

I'm not sure if signal is a problem like FM. I like listening to magic on DAB. I find it drops the signal for a few seconds regularly but not overly often in Essex where I live. If however I am driving around the M25 I don't lose it ever. Playing with a few stations I get the same thing but radio 1, radio 2 and my local station never ever drop out. This surely points to a reception problem as if problem with aerial or connections it would be a common issue with all stations.
65 plate Tekna 1.5 DCI with panoramic roof, magnetic red, space saver spare wheel kit
sporttourer

Post by sporttourer »

Is your phone plugged in to the USB socket to charge ? If so it may well be a cheap/ ebay lead that is causing the DAB to drop in and out - although don't ask me why this would happen, may just be coincidence.
Our DAB was working fine and then all of a sudden one day signal kept dropping in and out, this happened for several days until I realised my wife was plugging her phone in to charge. When she unplugged the phone lead radio was fine, plugged it back in again and cutting in and out. Tried a different ( Samsung own brand) lead and DAB signal fine even when phone plugged in.