Send to Car and things

ICE, Equipment, Options
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="Doylo"]
When my car was delivered on Friday 28 Feb I had to put the car in the garage overnight. At the time I didn't realise the mirrors folded and it was very tight getting the car in probably about a half an inch either side to spare I remember thinking reversing out in the morning was going to be fun.Told my wife and she said Polly our sales lady who delivered the car had showed us the button for the folding mirrors while I was busy not listening as per!!!![/QUOTE]
I have noticed you have the white AlloyGaytors, they look great on a white car don't they? The fitters who put mine on actually photographed the car and asked if they could show it in their reception. I also have much chrome added like you, but not the side steps. I went for the pearl white side mouldings instead of black and they match the car paintwork perfectly and just look like part of the vehicle. I will get some photo's up when I have time. Yours looks great
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors

cliffgorse

Post by cliffgorse »

Hi Getting back to send to car, if your laptop/pc has the new Google maps, there should be a question mark on the bottom right of the map, if you click on this a revert back to old maps it will give you the option of sending to car on the links icon. hope this helps.
1.6 dci CVT Tekna Nightshade Delivery picked up on the 17th
flase001

Post by flase001 »

[quote="jonceebee"][quote="Doylo"]
When my car was delivered on Friday 28 Feb I had to put the car in the garage overnight. At the time I didn't realise the mirrors folded and it was very tight getting the car in probably about a half an inch either side to spare I remember thinking reversing out in the morning was going to be fun.Told my wife and she said Polly our sales lady who delivered the car had showed us the button for the folding mirrors while I was busy not listening as per!!!![/QUOTE]
I have noticed you have the white AlloyGaytors, they look great on a white car don't they? The fitters who put mine on actually photographed the car and asked if they could show it in their reception. I also have much chrome added like you, but not the side steps. I went for the pearl white side mouldings instead of black and they match the car paintwork perfectly and just look like part of the vehicle. I will get some photo's up when I have time. Yours looks great[/QUOTE]
Hi Jonceebee,It would be great if you could send some photos of the mouldings plsthanks a millionE
Storm White Nissan Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci CVT
Crossover Pack,Utility Pack,White Side Mouldings,Illuminated Entry Guards,Removable Tow Bar,Black Alloy Gators.
Modules:Auto Folding Mirrors,Auto windows.
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Hi Jonceebee,It would be great if you could send some photos of the mouldings plsthanks a millionE[/QUOTE]]
Photo as requested
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Dutch QQ

Post by Dutch QQ »

How
I got Nissan Connect and Google Send-to-Car to work on our new QQ 2014 with Android in the Netherlands:

1. Download, install
and open the Nissan Connect App on your Android device and sign in with your Nissan
Connect account.

2. Activate Google
Online Search in the Nissan Connect App on your Android device. You might also want
to activate Facebook at this stage.

3. Download, install
and open the Send-to-Car App on your Android device, select the car brand and enter
your Nissan Connect account.

4. Share one or
more destinations from Google Maps with Send-to-Car on your Android device. You
can also send destinations from Google Maps on your PC (currently only in the classic version of Google Maps under "more'.

5. I am not sure
if this step is entirely necessary but I have enabled Bluetooth-tethering on my Android
device so that Nissan Connect on my QQ can presumeably use the mobile internet connection
of my Android device. Without Bluetooth-tethering the Android device might need
to be connected to a WiFi accesspoint. This off course would limit the use of
Nissan Connect Apps to the area covered by the Wifi connection.

6. Establish a
Bluetooth connection between Nissan Connect on your QQ and you Android device.
You might want to make Nissan Connect a trusted device at this point.

7. Press the
Info-button (next to your QQ's center screen) and select My Apps > Online
Search > Send-to-Car. You should now see a list of recently shared destinations
from Google Maps in step 4. If your car says
your phone has a bad internet connection: Power your Android device off and on
and repeat steps 6 and 7. That worked for me!

8. Select a
destination and press Start to navigate. Depending on the available details you
can also make a phone call to the selected destination.This procedure worked for me in the Netherlands and hopefully elsewhere too.
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Yes Dutch QQ's comments are correct. I have had no problems with send to car either from my mobile or Google Maps, although you do have to put the earlier version of Google Maps on your computer as the latest version does not offer this facility yet.I have not implemented tethering on my Samsung S3 ofr the app. to work, it just works simply via Blue Tooth
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Nice work Dutch QQ and welcome to forumCan anyone answer me a question about send to car maps pleaseLater this year im off on a trip and id love to make a route out on map send to car to followDoes it allow you to make a route and will the car follow it?or do you just send the destination and it works it out?
Dutch QQ

Post by Dutch QQ »

Hey Donkey, As in-car navigation systems come you can only set your destination, not a route. For following a route I use a Garmin Zumo and to design routes I use a computer program called Basecamp. Works great on my BMW motorcycle too!
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Thankd Dutch thats what I thought, I just hoped the idea of making a route and sending to car would be available thats all
chrisnewbold

Post by chrisnewbold »

For iPhone users there's an App Store app called send to car that allows you to send a destination from either apple maps or google maps apps. Works well.