Radio and key code

ICE, Equipment, Options
Terryteabag

Post by Terryteabag »

Did not get a key or radio code with my new Qasqai.
This was required on my previous vehicle to enable reordering of lost or damaged keys and if the battery was disconnected to enable reset of the radio.
I wonder if anyone can confirm or advise if I should have these numbers.
Terry
July 2015 1.6 dCi Tekna 130 Xtronic Gun Metallic

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Not got a radio code, but the key code is on a thin grey strip of plastic on one of the keyrings.
Roadie

Post by Roadie »

The radio code should be in the pack that came with the car that also contained the service history book etc.
Terryteabag

Post by Terryteabag »

Thanks for replies.
Got service reception to look through all the paper work and pack supplied with the car and there was no tag on either of the keys.
At least i have some confirmation that these should have been supplied.
Posted my original message as they had agreed to get these codes for me but after 2 requests at the dealers and a leaving a phone message yesterday still nothing heard.
I notice in the handbook the guidance to changing a headlamp bulb advises to disconnect the power first. I assume they ment the battery so this would probably mean a radio reset.
Nice to have the forum to ask or give advice and experiences.
Regards
Terry
Wolf97

Post by Wolf97 »

No radio code with mine, may be wrong but don't think the j11 connect unit has one because it's a built in unit. As I said I may be wrong. I have had a faulty battery replaced and dealers didn't ask for the code. I'm sure someone will be able to confer ay or nay
65 plate Tekna 1.5 diesel in Storm White
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

I concur with gvmdaddy and Wolf97 - no code for the Connect2 system but you should have a two-inch-long grey plastic tag with one of your I-keys, imprinted with a 5-figure number. My dealer put the tag on a keyring and wrote the number (and locking nut code number) in the owner's manual (there's a specific page at the back for such info).
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Terryteabag

Post by Terryteabag »

Just had a look in Owners Manual.
Last printed page has space for security information as you have advised. No entries in mine.
Good news is that I have looked in the sealed bag containing the locking wheel nut key and there is a 9-figure number on a Key Codecard along with a leaflet.
Agree it is likely that the built in radio would not need a code.
Will chase the dealership up for the vehicle key code number.
Thanks for help
Terry
Arrowsmithathome

Post by Arrowsmithathome »

Hi. I have just bought a 2013 Qashqai accenta. Is there a radio code or not? Don't need it yet, but Sod's law and all that. Cheers much.
Arrowsmithathome

Post by Arrowsmithathome »

This is the pic of my console

IMG_9682.JPG

kylerens
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by kylerens »

Nissan radio code generator is available for free for all Nissan users whit this kind of problem! Try it : https://www.radiocodescalculator.com/ni ... car-radio/