Aircon not working

ICE, Equipment, Options
ivelina

Post by ivelina »

My aircon stopped blowing cold air around July-August so I mentioned it when I took the car in for an "Oil Service". The garage says that it needs re-gassing as they can't see anything wrong with it. That would cost me £109. However, I am thinking that it is a bit too early for a regass, and it must be another fault. The garage does not seem to be sure that a re-gass is needed but want to do it "to find out if it will work after". It sounds like a really expensive diagnostic method to me, as I was hoping that any fault with the air con so early on should be fixed under warranty.

Has anyone else had problems with the aircon or is it another one of those weird problems that only my car has?
New Qashqai, 1.6 DCI Tekna, registered March 2014, 22500 miles on the clock

FoxyG

Post by FoxyG »

Had the same problem a couple of months ago. My QQ was just 13 months old. Proved to be a bad seal in the compressor that had slowly leaked the gas out. It was repaired and re-gassed without cost under warranty.
July 2014 1.5 DCi Tekna, Pearl Black. Chrome pack,bonnet protector and black Alloy Gators.
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

Took mine in just over 3 months ago after realising that the car just wasnt getting cold after external temps rose to 20c+. The garage said they could find no fault so couldnt do anything about it. They assured me that they had checked the pressure and there was enough gas in there so I dont know why your garage cant tell.

They told me they had run the car for a while and that it was getting cold. I explained to them that the internal temp of the car got so hot we had to have the windows open but they just kept repeating that there was no fault. Couple of weeks later we had another hot day and again it failed. I tried turning the knob to LO but it just doesnt blow out cold air.

TBH I am wishing I had never bought a Qashqai now as there are other faults and Nissan just dont seem to be bothered !

More info here ...
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3235&p=32501#p32501
ivelina

Post by ivelina »

Lanstrom wrote:Took mine in just over 3 months ago after realising that the car just wasnt getting cold after external temps rose to 20c+. The garage said they could find no fault so couldnt do anything about it. They assured me that they had checked the pressure and there was enough gas in there so I dont know why your garage cant tell.

They told me they had run the car for a while and that it was getting cold. I explained to them that the internal temp of the car got so hot we had to have the windows open but they just kept repeating that there was no fault. Couple of weeks later we had another hot day and again it failed. I tried turning the knob to LO but it just doesnt blow out cold air.

TBH I am wishing I had never bought a Qashqai now as there are other faults and Nissan just dont seem to be bothered !

More info here ...
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3235&p=32501#p32501
Lanstrom, thank you for replying. I think the garage is incompetent but regarding the car, I feel your pain, I am exactly the same. A nice list of things currently wrong with my car -
- squeak when steering in cold weather (other than lubing it, which did not help, they can't think of anything wrong? people turn in the street to look at the car wondering what is wrong when I am parking!)
- leather seats heater not warming up
- boot does not open as high as it used to, thus me banging my head on it!
- aircon still not fixed, and Nissan not bothered much about the garage wanting to charge me before they look into it
- radio turns on every time I start the engine, even if I turned it off before
- heater not very efficient

If anyone thinks I am too picky with the car, think about this - how am I supposed to trust the life saving systems (emergency forward braking, airbags, ABS, etc) when the simple basics are so hard for them to get right?
ivelina

Post by ivelina »

FoxyG wrote:Had the same problem a couple of months ago. My QQ was just 13 months old. Proved to be a bad seal in the compressor that had slowly leaked the gas out. It was repaired and re-gassed without cost under warranty.
FoxyG, do you mind me asking if they had to re-gas before they diagnosed the leak? And did you have to agree to pay for the re-gas if they did not find a leak?
NeilWard

Post by NeilWard »

I have a 2 year old Nissan Qashqai, which has developed an air-conditioning fault, the condenser has failed. This is covered by the warrantee however Nissan have a massive stock problem, I have been told unofficially that 3000 customers in the UK have these parts on back order. I have been told it will take at least 10 weeks to resolve, but also that some customers have been waiting since March this year without the fault being fixed.

I have called Nissan, who have refused to take a complaint, stating that they will only take my complaint if I have to wait longer than the period set by the dealership. Nissan have said that the cars are drivable, therefore there is no compensation or replacement cars available. My car however smells musty, the windscreen doesn’t clear and its unbearable to drive in hot weather, basically at the moment it is parked up and I am having to use an alternative car at my own cost.
switchback

Post by switchback »

I take it that you haven't done a search on the forum about air-con condensers then?
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

As Switchback has mentioned there is a huge amount of information on this Air Con subject already on the Forum - please use the "Search" facility before raising new posts. Just to save you time here are a couple of the lengthy posts, hope these help ! - Dave ;)

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4197&p=41918&hilit ... ems#p41918

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4122&p=41678&hilit ... ems#p41678
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken