Connect firmware updates

ICE, Equipment, Options
BWA

Post by BWA »

I've got a 65 plate tekna so presume I have latest software. Only gripe for me is that listening to DAB, magic fm keeps fading for a second or two then coming back on. I can't get magic where I live on FM so it's really annoying. A couple of other DAB stations do same thing though radio two stays constant
65 plate Tekna 1.5 DCI with panoramic roof, magnetic red, space saver spare wheel kit

Wombleman

Post by Wombleman »

Just because its new doesn't mean you have the latest firmware, I had no end of DAB and other issues with Connect (crashing etc) with mine from new until I got the latest FW installed by my Nissan dealer, since then its been working well and switching between DAB/FM automatically when I loose DAB, which isn't that often tbh.
It does seem as though new QQ's are delivered with beta firmware for some reason, I'd contact your dealer and insist they update connect to the latest version.
Tekna
travelusa
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by travelusa »

Yes
I have th same Issue with Magic so it may not be tha Firmware
It could just be Magic Radio or just the DAB syatem
I have 14 Premium
have done just on 23000 since may 2014 best drive I have had
So far not issues ???
Jut enjoy driving it so racking up the mileage
For a 1.2 engine it picks up so fast with the turbo
And still get a great MPG
Car is a 1.3 Nov 2018 160 bhp DCT with 19inch wheels.
Now car is 1.3 Jul 2021 160 cvt Tekna with 19 inch wheels ink blue.
now Car is 1.3 Jan 2024 160 bhp tekna with 19 inch wheels Mag Blue
ragna

Post by ragna »

When I've taken my car in for a service or to have a fault fixed by the dealer that i brought the car from on the 9th of Oct 2014 they have always stated that they have updated the latest firmware. Just before Christmas i took it back for a noise which comes on when engine is warm it disappears when the engine goes above about 1800 revs although the work shops manager acknowledges the noise they can't find it so have been told to take it back when it gets worse but was informed they had updated the software for a chassis control fault i had had a couple of weeks before which cured it self.Just checked my software and its D053 Hardware 031 BT Module 0x07 0x00 0x2031 /0x03C. Does anybody know when the software was upgrade to D302 and is this the latest. Thanks for any help Graham
2014 QQ 1.2 Accenta Premium, Storm White
jarvinhio

Post by jarvinhio »

Hi guys

First of all, hello from me (Steve) this looks a good forum which I'm sure I will be using often.

I purchased a 64 plate Nissan Acenta Premium 1.5dci in Gunmetal Grey (very happy with it) the only slight bug bear is that the sat nav and radio issue. It kept turning off and crashing which now after reading this forum I have discovered my firmware is out of date. My questions are these.

1. Do I have to get Nissan to update firmware or can i do it myself?
2. Is it free to do this?
3. I have Maps version 2013 E how do I update these to the latest?

Thank you :)
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Only a dealer can update firmware, and is free.
Maps from dealer in excess of £100; send a PM (private message) to member here called Black_Rojer; he can sell
at more competitive price.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

I have a card to sell, but it's the 25920 4EA0C which is probably the one you have; if you want the slightly more up to date 25920 4KJ0A, then Black_Rojer is your guy.

As Gel says, ask a dealer for the Connect software update.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Gel wrote:Only a dealer can update firmware, and is free.
Maps from dealer in excess of £100; send a PM (private message) to member here called Black_Rojer; he can sell
at more competitive price.
Firmware/software updates are only 'free' when you have your car serviced by them and its done as part of the service, not as a stand alone offering.
(UK at least)
Brown18

Post by Brown18 »

My QQ 2014 4WD went in for its second annual service yesterday at Arbury Nissan, Bromsgrove.
The car generally has been good and Arbury have been helpful with any minor problems I have put their way. However, it was a bit manic with all the new cars in the pound!
I bought a three-year Nissan service plan with the car and this seems to have been good value, as the bill for the second service would have been £186!
I just checked the software version and it is D053. Should it now be D302, as mentioned in earlier posts in this thread?
Do I need to go back to the dealer?
Many thanks.
1.6 diesel. Acenta Plus 4WD. Blade Silver.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Should now be D302. Take it back in.