NissanConnect reading SMS

ICE, Equipment, Options
brianthelian

Post by brianthelian »

i have a Nokia windows fone and the mesages talk over the car radio automatically Nokia 1520 my friend that travels ith me has a Nokia 630 with windows and allso conects faultlessly i think windows is the future as these fones are the same systen as my computor only smaller
brian

paulyoung666

Post by paulyoung666 »

Got this part working , I can now do stuff with the phone by holding the call button to activate Google now , not receiving messages through the car though need to go back through the settings to check them all , still it's more than I had lol !!
mcnob

Post by mcnob »

craigbeat wrote:Unfortunately, a lot of android phones don't support screen-off 'OK Google' detection, but holding the answer button works perfectly. Plus, you can route it so that it uses the bluetooth microphone.
I've had SMS reading enabled for a while using tasker but have never been able to get the call answer button to do anything on the phone. Is there a specific task for this within Tasker again or does it just do it automatically depending on what phone you've got?

I've always had Nexus phones so you'd think they'd be ideally suited but even music connection can be a bit hit and miss at times.

Thanks
Deleted User 3109

Post by Deleted User 3109 »

Have you got Google Now enabled on your phone? Just holding the talk button on the steering wheel should activate it. It's not actually a Tasker thing
mcnob

Post by mcnob »

craigbeat wrote:Have you got Google Now enabled on your phone? Just holding the talk button on the steering wheel should activate it. It's not actually a Tasker thing
Definitely and I've even got the Bluetooth headset option enabled as well. What phone and android version are you using, out of curiosity?
Deleted User 3109

I'm on 6.0.1 on Nexus 5. What happens when you hold down the talk button? For me, it does the same noise as when you say okay Google, and it goes into listen mode.

An alternative solution you could try on Tasker if that still doesn't work is one that did for the Prius where you set a dialer shortcut of the number zero to launch the Google app. You can then short press the button and say "call Google".
mcnob

Post by mcnob »

Never mind. My fault, I hadn't set the Google app as default.

Thanks anyway. ;-)
mcnob

Post by mcnob »

Actually, using your Tasker recipe, the voice volume is a bit low. Any way to boost it?
Deleted User 3109

Try using Tasker to set the media volume when you connect / disconnect from the car. Haven't tried it myself, but it might work.
mcnob

Post by mcnob »

Will have a fiddle. Thanks for help.