NissanConnect reading SMS

ICE, Equipment, Options
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

It may not be against the law to use a bluetooth connected phone whilst driving, but you can still be charged with driving without due care and attention if you are distracted making/answering a call.

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Quite gvmdaddy, as this latest court case regards another fatality because of distraction by a Polish lorry driver on A34, of which there've been too many in last 12 months.
http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/news/home ... years.html

Similar carnage to earlier fatal crash a little further North on A34, where another Polish lorry driver wiped
a whole family, watched by relatives in the car behind :(

http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/news/home ... n-a34.html

unspecified 2.jpg

JUST TURN IT OFF!
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Guys,

These are truly terrible incidents and I realy dont wish to undermine there seriousness. But they are from idiots using their mobile phones and I quote "Chieveley while he was looking at his mobile telephone" & "omasz Kroker (pictured main) was using his mobile phone when his lorry ploughed into stationary traffic". Also, they must have been looking away from the road for 10 or 20 seconds, maybe even more as not to notice traffic in front of them was stationary.

The thread was focusing on using bluetooth hands free, that is no less dangerous than it is to do with changing the radio station, shouting at the kids in the back of the car, winding your window down or any host of other distractions that happen to a lot of us every day driving..
rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

And a lot less dangerous than using facebook and twitter whilst you're driving, thanks to the built-in Connect system
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I'm 100% with you brother, these apps are just ridiculous and mostly superfluous. The goggle search app is just about the only decent app here & its still not easy to use with voice, you have to press a few buttons to get the voice part working.

For me its hold down the phone button on the steering wheel, wait for the bong & ask goggle the question. Easy.
rod9669 wrote:And a lot less dangerous than using facebook and twitter whilst you're driving, thanks to the built-in Connect system
SANGER_A2

Post by SANGER_A2 »

Daewar wrote:I'm 100% with you brother, these apps are just ridiculous and mostly superfluous. The goggle search app is just about the only decent app here & its still not easy to use with voice, you have to press a few buttons to get the voice part working.

For me its hold down the phone button on the steering wheel, wait for the bong & ask goggle the question. Easy.
rod9669 wrote:And a lot less dangerous than using facebook and twitter whilst you're driving, thanks to the built-in Connect system
This summarizes it perfectly. I think the voice search thing if you want to navigate somewhere is useful if you're stationary, but too difficult if you're driving. Anyone know how to use Google Now to send an address to the sat nav to navigate to? That is perfectly legal and offers very little distraction to the driver as you can keep your eyes on the road and just need to hold down a button for a few seconds to activate it. There is the send-to-car option, but that only works on a desktop PC (or an android browser in desktop mode), which can't be done whiile driving and even to receive the addresses on the sat nav you have to press several buttons on the connect.

Cheers.
rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

That's why my next car will have Android Auto built in - I think Nissan are missing a trick here because I've seen no mention of it on the face-lift version either
devarajen

Post by devarajen »

The NissanConnect App does not actually connect with the car system. Is it a problem of version. I'm on Android ver 4.2.2.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

This might be of interest regarding supposedly Hands Free Calling - Dave 🙂

Driving simulator highlights dangers of hands-free calls : https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-49555516
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken