NissanConnect reading SMS

ICE, Equipment, Options
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

craigbeat wrote:Have you got Google Now enabled on your phone? Just holding the talk button on the steering wheel should activate it. It's not actually a Tasker thing
Sorry to drag up an old thread, just got my first J11 yesterday after two J10s so was looking into what is theoretically possible with an android phone..

I realise most of this is simply bluetooth/google/android stuff so probably would have worked on the J10 anyway but I didn't really have much of a play with it.

Phone integration seems good. I can press the phone button on the steering wheel and say "call the wife at home" or "send text to Bob saying fancy a pint tonight" and all works well.

What's eluding me at the moment is trying to get google now to play a music track using streaming on either Amazon Prime or Spotify.

I can say "Play Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen using spotify". Google now says "sure", launches Spotify, but comes up with the search results page saying best match and showing other results from other albums, waiting for you to choose one. Amazon Music is similar.

I'll have a play with the Tasker stuff from p1 of this thread.

Any other interesting things android users have found they can do?
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T

rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

OK Google is brilliant - I use it to navigate, call, text, loads of stuff. Can't get it to activate through the wheel buttons though - it's always on charge anyway so just responds to voice activation
Simon1100

Post by Simon1100 »

I have a Sony Xperia Z2, connected to QQ connect via bluetooth. I press the phone button on the steering wheel and speak instructions. Call Jack or send message to Jack. Works fine.
QQ Tekna 1.5 Dci Gun Metal Grey
Collected 01/03/2017

:D :D :D :D :D :D
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

rod9669 wrote:OK Google is brilliant - I use it to navigate, call, text, loads of stuff. Can't get it to activate through the wheel buttons though - it's always on charge anyway so just responds to voice activation
Can you use OK google to navigate via the Qashqai satnav?

From my first day's play I've managed to use google maps on a PC and send a location to the car, and hey presto it's on the QQ next time I get in.

Also can use the Google Search on the QQ apps screen to say "Find 5 Coronation Street in Manchester" and get it to navigate, but that means pressing a few buttons on the dash to get through the process. What I'm missing is simply pressing the phone key on the steering wheel and then speaking a destination and getting the car sat nav to direct me.

The kids love it though, being able to press a key on the steering wheel and say things like "who wrote Lord of the Rings" or "what will the weather be on Saturday in Edinburgh".. and get an answer. Haven't told them the last 2 cars would have done that as it's just a phone/bluetooth feature, they think it's the new super car!
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

Simon1100 wrote:I have a Sony Xperia Z2, connected to QQ connect via bluetooth. I press the phone button on the steering wheel and speak instructions. Call Jack or send message to Jack. Works fine.
I'll have to find a contact called Jack then. Pressing the button doesn't work on the Samsung S7 Edge, which is the worst phone I've ever owned
RVW

Post by RVW »

Call and message work in my Tekna using iPhone 6 via Bluetooth.
Only taken me 8 months to find it out! thanks to this threat
J11-2016 QashQai Tekna 1.5dci Magnetic Red
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Rod, i'm not to sure if your doing it correctly. You dont just press the button, you hold the button until u hear a bong sound, they you speak.

I have an S6 that works perfectly, i would be very happy to swap it for your worst phone S7 ;)
rod9669 wrote:I'll have to find a contact called Jack then. Pressing the button doesn't work on the Samsung S7 Edge, which is the worst phone I've ever owned
rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

Daewar wrote:Rod, i'm not to sure if your doing it correctly. You dont just press the button, you hold the button until u hear a bong sound, they you speak.

I have an S6 that works perfectly, i would be very happy to swap it for your worst phone S7 ;)
rod9669 wrote:I'll have to find a contact called Jack then. Pressing the button doesn't work on the Samsung S7 Edge, which is the worst phone I've ever owned
I've tried holding it in - no bong occurs - just the radio goes silent but nothing else kicks in - I have to then turn it off to reset everything. My next car will have Android Auto
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

We've had number of fatalities round here with drivers using mobiles/ other connected devices causing a FATAL DISTRACTION.
My last employer viewed use of phone in company car as gross misconduct, with dismissal following.
I don't believe you should even be listening to texts when driving or using phone; just turn it off.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Quite awesome if u get sacked then, as you can sue your bosses ass off for wrongful dismissal as its not against the law to use blue tooth mobile calling.

To reply to your, "should even be listening to text" comment. Then its no radio, no talking to passengers, no taking a drink, no picking your nose, no sneezing and no scratching your ass. Where do you draw the line? For me, I think were in the right place with current rules.
Gel wrote:We've had number of fatalities round here with drivers using mobiles/ other connected devices causing a FATAL DISTRACTION.
My last employer viewed use of phone in company car as gross misconduct, with dismissal following.
I don't believe you should even be listening to texts when driving or using phone; just turn it off.