Automatic Door Locking

ICE, Equipment, Options
Billgo
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Billgo »

My 2010 QQ had the facility to engage the central locking when car was set in motion. My new QQ does not seem to have this, or at least I cannot find it. Any thoughts ?
2014 QQ 1.5 Dci.
2019 QQ 1.3 Petrol. Manual

korky

Post by korky »

I don't think the new QQ has the auto lock feature enabled. Not 100% sure on this though
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Speed sensitive Auto-Lock is shown as a feature on the Visia model so i'd expect all the 2014 models would have it.How that works in practice i don't know as it wasn't something i really looked at.AlleyCat2014-03-03 21:56:35
Nissan no more...
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

The auto lock feature is not there and it has also been removed from the latest technical spec'n. brochure. The only way you can lock the doors is via the manual button on the door
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Marianda24

Post by Marianda24 »

I have a brochure dated January 2014 and this shows Speed Sensitive Auto Lock. Im waiting for my dealer to send me another one as the brochure I hold has got wet and the pages have stuck together. When it arrives I will check this out. Thanks for the update Jon
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Hi Marianda, There is an updated brochure which you can download from the Nissan site, you need the technical specification sheet. You will notice that Speed sensitive door locking has been removed from this as has the front active headrests. I can't understand why the door locking has been removed, but I did notice that one push on the key ring opens only the drivers door, you need two presses to unlock all doors and the boot. The same applies with the I-key on the door handles, and there is also an I-key type button on the boot opening for the boot only, which creates an annoying beep,beep, beep when you press it
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

[quote="jonceebee"]
The auto lock feature is not there and it has also been removed from the latest technical spec'n. brochure. The only way you can lock the doors is via the manual button on the door[/QUOTE]Thanks for that Jon.It's in the latest printed brochure but has been removed from the website.Sound as good as SUK and their "does it, doesn't it" literature.
AlleyCat2014-03-04 09:19:08
Nissan no more...
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

I can't find it on mine either...Have looked a few times and it just doesn't seem to be there :-(Just like automatic folding mirrors when you lock the door. Pathetic really but do miss that. Have to open the car again half the time to fold the mirrors in when parked at home as the bays aren't that wide lol.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
tun123

Post by tun123 »

hi,just a thought but can you not set the locking through the on board display to open and lock either one door or all.im saying this because you can with the bmw i have at the moment,
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="tun123"]hi,just a thought but can you not set the locking through the on board display to open and lock either one door or all.im saying this because you can with the bmw i have at the moment,[/QUOTE]
You can set one door or all door to open and close via the settings on the display, but there is no way you can get it to speed related auto lock