Automatic Door Locking

ICE, Equipment, Options
korky

Post by korky »

[quote="Chortes"] Here's a thought for you all. If the car is equipped with i-key can someone open a door if you pull up at traffic lights?
[/QUOTE]

Where are all these interesting questions coming from....

Okay if you are in the car and engine running and have locked the doors, I'd vote no!

If however the stop/start has kicked in....I don't know?

What I do know is that you can leave the engine running and walk away from the car leaving it unlocked and and ready for someone to take....they can go wherever they wish but once they turn off that engine....they are stuck!

Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

Fords used to have speed sensitive locking (or as they called it anti-hijack) a couple of years ago, they too have removed it as an option from the central car configurator and dealers have been told not to enable it on cars that don't have it set.
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)
RedfordRover

Post by RedfordRover »

Twitter response from Nissan confirms it is not available.

Hello Jim, the speed sensitive lock function is not available on the new Qashqai but it is still locakable from the inside. ^LR
Coolio

Post by Coolio »

[quote="Wheelie Bealie"]
Fords used to have speed sensitive locking (or as they called it anti-hijack) a couple of years ago, they too have removed it as an option from theA central car configuratorA and dealers have been told not to enable it on cars that don't have it set.[/QUOTE]

A reason would be helpful to put this to bed. You would have thought that this would have been the next natural comment to make or is that just too much common sense to expect??!
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

I don't know why Ford or any other manufacturer for that matter will not enable anti-hijack any more. I design jet engines not cars and only know this because it was oft commented about on the S-Max owners forum.
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)
TC3

Post by TC3 »

Auto door locking is on the US equivilent model so no reason it can not be activated on UK model. Have not read all this thread so if already mentioned apologies
Check out page 3.6 on how they activate or deactivate it on the US model ... worth a tryhttp://www.e-bookspdf.org/view/aHR0cDovL3d3dy5 ... 2014-03-08 17:15:00
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

aublick

Post by aublick »

But as I understand it, the Rogue is equivalent to X-Trail and not QQ...
Tekna 1.5 dCi Magnetic Red
TC3

Post by TC3 »

Nope it is not. Have seen several reviews mention they are both based on QQ. Hired old version last year and no bigger than a QQ
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

shelly66

Post by shelly66 »

Hi Allinteresting topic, I have had an alarm issue and have discovered that when you unlock the car with the I-key press the unlock button once this unlocks the driver door, press it twice and it unlocks all doors and the boot.in the settings menu there is an option for selective lock, when I set this my son could not open the passenger door and pressing the key fob from inside the car , did nothing, I had to reach over to pull the handle to unlock the door.I was unlocking the car by pressing the unlock button once then opening the boot to put the dog in and all the alarms went mad. so I have to press it twice to unlock the entire car.if you unlock the car and dont open any doors for a while the car will re-lock.you cannot lock the car while the key is inside.so if you are in the car on your own alot then I would suggest setting the selective lock function.hope this helps, oh and there is a button to close the side mirrors on the door panelthere is also a super lock function.shelly
Dibby3

Post by Dibby3 »

Thanks for that Shelly that will help me. Will look into that
ink blue acenta premium QQ owner in 2 days