anyone used connect system?

ICE, Equipment, Options
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

I'm wondering how the nissan connect system works, the info i've read says you can use facebook, send text messages etc.But is this only via your mobile phone data connection or does the new system have an independant connection? is this what the 2 year subscription gets you or is there some other factor?thanks.
tekna cvt mag red

cliffgorse

Post by cliffgorse »

Good morning Andrew, Good question i was wondering what you get for two years subs and how much at the end of the two years
1.6 dci CVT Tekna Nightshade Delivery picked up on the 17th
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

just found thishttps://owners.nissanconnect.eu/aqPortal/content/country/default-EU/jsp/static/faq.jsffor some reason i have £200 for years subscription in my head, but can't remember if/where i read it.a quick scan seems to say it will use your phone data connection and so use your minutes. but another question seems to contradict this!just found this http://www.nissanusa.com/connect/faqdefinetly says will use your data plan, minutes.

andrewjoseph2014-02-27 11:58:16
tekna cvt mag red
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

£200 for a years subscription...eh!! Almost as much as my car insurance for the year. What do you actually get for this subscription? from what I can see from the brochure Facebook, Google that's about it. My phone manages that pretty well on its own, what does this connect really have to offer?
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

[quote="jonceebee"]
£200 for a years subscription...eh!! Almost as much as my car insurance for the year. What do you actually get for this subscription? from what I can see from the brochure Facebook, Google that's about it. My phone manages that pretty well on its own, what does this connect really have to offer?[/QUOTE]there seem to be apps and features you can subscribe to, but i can't find that info until i register, can't register until i know my vin number, reg number, and salesman's shoe size.the £200 may well be a figment of my imagination, i can't find that info now. new car owners in UK get 2 years connect free, but i don't know if that includes all features. i suspect it doesn't. USA and some european owners seem to get 3 years free.
tekna cvt mag red
cliffgorse

Post by cliffgorse »

Yep I had a rant about the states getting 3 years and we were fobbed of with two, i did notice on the site that for the top model of connect over there is 19.99 dollars which is about £12 over here so if that's the price its not to bad. I think you can use voice activation on the phone on sat as well as phone i am sure someone who has got one will confirm this, one way or another
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

i might have been thinking about the mapping upgrade costing £200.
tekna cvt mag red
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I'm collecting my car this coming Saturday, I will have a play once I have registered and put my findings on here, unless someone beats me to it
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
cliffgorse

Post by cliffgorse »

look forward to your review on that Jon.
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

I've tried to use this but HAVE to use the VIN number to register..it doesn't accept the reg at all.My understanding is that you must connect an iPhone via a USB cable, Android can use Bluetooth.You have a NissanConnect App on your phone which then allows the devices to talk to each other.Anything that pulls data from the Internet would then use your DATA bundle on your phone; that doesn't affect minutes and any costs for use clearly rely on your mobile contract in terms of data allowance.I'm going to try and get mine working again this weekend.As for "on-going" costs I'm not likely to subscribe past the free period as a lot of these things I think will be a novelty and wear off.Mark
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014