Indicators/Dimming daytime running lights

ICE, Equipment, Options
robman9

Post by robman9 »

Looking at Audi and range rovers when they indicate the daytime led running light on the indicating side dims. This makes indicating much more obvious. Can the qashqai do this?
Rob
Tenka 1.6 CVT

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

No
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Not convinced it's a good idea.My previous car had "winking" front cornering fog lights (also a VAG innovation).On a couple of occasions it almost caused an accident where cars pulled out in front of me thinking i was "flashing them" to go.
AlleyCat2015-07-08 11:59:32
Nissan no more...

Post by 298 »

The fog light coming on when the vehicle turns just looks like water sloshing around inside and causing a short.

I was told the DRL ought to dim when the indicator is on, if they are less than a certain distance apart. Don't know who makes these rules up but their view ought to be weighted just the same as mine- as an opinion. The same thinking got rid of the Autolock function on cars that I thought was a good idea but an overpaid committee in Brussles disagreed with... 2982015-07-25 08:51:26
2014 1.2 DiG-T Acenta Premium in Gunmetal Grey.
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

I assure you all modern vw group cars have that behaviour on their fogs when they corner. Well in the UK anyway. It is not an electrical issue.

I would paste a couple of URLs about it but this tablet is weak in regards to copy and paste. Google will bring them up.

Autolock was removed due to rules saying it must always unlock in an accident. Crash testing showed this was impossible to achieve and not worth the investment legal risks to resolve.
Nissan no more...
sporttourer

Post by sporttourer »

Front fog light cornering when turning is also fitted to a lot of French cars.
We had a Citroen C4 and whilst waiting at a junction I was questioned by a police officer about this, as he said why did I have my fog lights on & only one was working.
I demonstrated how they worked by rapidly turning steering wheel from side to side so each "corner fog light" came on in turn.
He said he had never seen this before and drove off again.
rm0rgan

Post by rm0rgan »

[quote="AlleyCat"]Not convinced it's a good idea.My previous car had "winking" front cornering fog lights (also a VAG innovation).On a couple of occasions it almost caused an accident where cars pulled out in front of me thinking i was "flashing them" to go.
[/QUOTE]
Stop driving with your indicator on then! http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/ ... staticHave to say, I had these on my Scirocco and Range Rover and really miss not having it on the QQ - found it really quite useful.
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

In both cases it was just after I had turned and cancelled the indicator. They saw it going out (but I take your point) :)
Nissan no more...
rm0rgan

Post by rm0rgan »

[quote="AlleyCat"]In both cases it was just after I had turned and cancelled the indicator. They saw it going out (but I take your point) :)[/QUOTE]
Of course if you drove a BMW that would never happen as they don't have indicators fitted!
duncho

Post by duncho »

It can, check this out:
DRL OFF - https://youtu.be/2Oi5kLBKU1o
DRL DIM - https://youtu.be/OcEu36sZUpQ
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!