Qashqai Traffic Signal Recognition

ICE, Equipment, Options
supergrover

Post by supergrover »

I have no idea what sign was seen by the camera to have the display showing 100mph speed limit. Has this ever happened to anyone else?
1.5dci Acenta Black with Smart Vision and DIY Chrome Pack

Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

Guessing a km/hr glitch?
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

I have noticed that the detection is not perfect. I have noticed it reporting the wrong speed a few times!
supergrover

Post by supergrover »

Beardyman, I thought it might be that, but the limit was 70 (or more accurately, national speed limit, it was a dual carriageway) and usually I find it bob on with the readout, except when it hasn't seen a sign for a while and goes blank.
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

So far I haven't noticed a problem with mine. Not sure how it works though. I live in a flat in a complex. We have a 10 mph sign at the entrance that it seems to pick up but we don't have a sign when going out onto the public road (30mph). Somehow it always starts off at --- but on joining the public road it goes to 30mph. No signs so not camera recognition - unless it learns by GPS where the speeds limits are for roads it frequently travels along? (unlikely?)
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
Qash

Post by Qash »

check this intresting experiment wit sign recognition https://youtu.be/pXERbjQIepc
QQ BUSINESS+ (Tekna 17")1,5 dci
supergrover

Post by supergrover »

I don't have satnav / connect so it's purely relying on the camera - and this journey was the same one I make every day, and it's never done that before.
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Mines come up with a "5" a couple of times when I've been driving down a main road.It took me a while to realize there is a sign with a "5" on it in a works yard.It's partially visible from the road but it's quite a distance away from where you'd expect to see a road sign.Camera obviously has a wide field of view.Is it possible it's picked up one of those speed "restriction" signs off the back of a foreign truck?I'd not be hugely surprised if the software doesn't know if it's in mph or kmh and just reads what it can see.
Nissan no more...
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

aah, that's a very good argument for it! I might be heading down to Warrington in an hour or so... will see if I can hunt down a lorry with a restriction sign!
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

The idea of QQ drivers stalking foreign lorries has me amused
Nissan no more...