Draining battery

ICE, Equipment, Options
skeema

Post by skeema »

Has anyone else experienced battery problems with the new J11 Qashqai? I had a sluggish ignition for a few mornings in a row and today, when I tried a second start, there wasnt enough battery for the car to start.Ive checked that all exterior and interior lights were turned off, but is there something else that might be draining the battery at night, is it just broken or maybe Im driving too short trips and it doesnt get loaded? Temperature is now around zero degrees at nights.Gonna take it to the dealer next week to be checked, if no clear reason for the drain is found.
skeema2015-04-05 17:42:03

Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

If you have a Fiamm battery, it is known that some of these are faulty from factory. Mostly give you stop/start errors, or as you describe, suddenly out of the blue 'dead' battery syndrome! Dealers should be able to test it using he correct tool (important this because the wrong one can give a false 'good' reading). Duncho did post the correct tool that they need to use but I cant seem to locate it.
skeema

Post by skeema »

I checked the battery and it was Fiamm. Ive also had stop/start error a few times, but always dissappeared after stopped the car and restarted. The stop/start itself has worked very poorly - only max 5-10 seconds, when it rarely activates.
skeema2015-04-05 21:00:40
Deleted User 759

Battery does sound suspect and a dealer should be able to sort you out.. Although, just triple check the battery connections are not loose!
skeema

Post by skeema »

Battery was measured today at local dealer and it was reported to be faulty. I'm pretty dissapointed, because the car is only 1 year old.
Deleted User 759

As I said, it is known that a number of the FIAMM batteries were faulty from factory. Put it another way, at least yours should be swapped out under warranty now rather than getting outside of warranty and having to fork out for a replacement!
marcflores

Post by marcflores »

Interesting read - I will try and check my battery tonight to see if it is the named affected brand.
2015 QQ Tekna 1.2 DIG-T / Blade Silver / Ice Chrome Premium Pack / Ice Chrome Style Pack / Panoramic Roof / Silver AlloyGators / Heko Wind Deflectors
skeema

Post by skeema »

New battery was changed today and QQ back in business again. Thanks for all the advises SplanK. Let's see if start/stop works also better now.
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Well mines just gone exactly the same way.Couple of sluggish starts and now it's totally dead on its arse.The dealer isn't answering the phone "hurray for Trenton!?!" and the RAC are going to be at least an hour to get to me (but at least they answer the phone).I even took it on a long run out once i noticed it wasn't starting cleanly to give it a chance to charge back up.I'm assuming it's got a faulty cell.Wouldn't mind so much but it was only serviced a couple of weeks ago and given a full clean bill of health.
AlleyCat2015-05-26 14:18:14
Nissan no more...
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Well I now have an almost new battery (from the showroom model). Had a dead cell. Was the rac that stood up for me.
Nissan no more...