Power tailgate closing

ICE, Equipment, Options
Seangy

Post by Seangy »

Hi I have read on another post that the new x trail had a power tailgate closer. Does anyone know if it could be bought or fitted to the J11 QQ...? Or does anyone like AceDVDs doing a 3rd party version. I haven't got my QQ yet but would love to have this on it.
2015 1.6 DCI Tenka, Storm White

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Seangy, nice thought great minds think alike ! We have also discussed this as the wife mentioned so I had to react. I believe if you look at the pics you will see that the Rear Tailgates are of different construction shapes, then also you get into electronic modifications and possiblity of new Struts etc... I have asked our Dealer here and he fell of his chair and gave the negative look - end of story. I have attached a video of the US Nissan Rogue and you will see the Tailgate in operation if you are interested - Dave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt7Fv1PIONk
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
duncho

Post by duncho »

When I bought my QQ (5/2014), I rang to randomly picked up Nissan dealer in US and asked about cost of powered struts for new Rogue. Gentleman said $550,- /per strut. I gave up to go any further as $1100,- plus all the work you have to do yet i.e. develop a control module which will take care of safe operation..
Then later on X-Trail was introduced in Europe so I asked Nissan the same question and tge answer was a‚¬660,- /per strut. No, thank you :)
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

duncho, good info' at least it gives you a picture of the cost involved and what an outlay is needed - I think I will Knock it of my list - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
duncho

Post by duncho »

I'm just waiting for some totaled X-Trail and if I still will be QQ owner I give it a go ;)
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Seangy

Post by Seangy »

Hi guys. I think I'll be knocking it off the list also at that price... Thanks for the info though. You are both very knowledgeable and I love reading your posts.
2015 1.6 DCI Tenka, Storm White
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

duncho, I knew I had these pics somewhere as a comparison just had a break from the project work (house work) and now I have them. Definitely the Tailgates will not fit by just exchanging them but it might be possible to use the other required parts such as Struts / Electrics etc... - Just waiting for you to develope it Dave

DewGew

Post by DewGew »

This is an old post, but I found this http://www.che1.com/product/tl105-elect ... st-system/ . someone might modify this to fit QQ. ;)
Nissan Qashqai 1.5dci Acenta, Safety Pack, Gun Metalic
Bob d

Post by Bob d »

Now that is fascinating, I've just had a message from the nice man in China that I bought my auto window closer kit and auto door locking module from asking me "do u interested in the electric trunk gate ?" so I've asked him for the details. I doubt I'll fit one though, I couldn't bear the waiting while the motors whirr the tailgate open and shut! :roll:
J11 QQ N-Tec+ 1.5 DCi Magnetic Red
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

That does sound interesting! Please keep us informed Bob.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic