FREE SatNav POI - SPEEDCAM REDLIGHT warnings

ICE, Equipment, Options
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Just looked at CSV and yeah only GPS coords no directional info in there, so I'd say NC can't handle anything more unlike some other systems. In theory it could limit by cameras on route if you have one planned, but not sure it does. I've had the audible alerts turned off for some time now, but pretty sure that was the case.
2014 1.6dci Tekna Storm White 2WD

duncho

Post by duncho »

[quote="Adrian"]Just looked at CSV and yeah only GPS coords no directional info in there, so I'd say NC can't handle anything more unlike some other systems. In theory it could limit by cameras on route if you have one planned, but not sure it does. I've had the audible alerts turned off for some time now, but pretty sure that was the case.[/QUOTE]
I'm curious about this topic. Adrian do you have any information or example how directional entry should look like? How does this work on standalone navigation systems (TomTom, iGo, Navigon,...)?Thank you
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

I believe each entry comes with additional columns to mark the compass direction of the camera (which way is the lens pointing and is it reversible), plus road, combining this with the onboard compass and current route the Sat Nav can ignore any cameras not pointing in your direction or on a different road to that being travelled.Works like this on TomTom and Sygic afaikHTH
duncho

Post by duncho »

I made a comparison for what you get when you pay for PocketGPS compare to this file (thanks to someone from Polish Nissan forum who uploaded this on internet).Paid PocketGPS (whole EU) only 14k entriesThis file (whole EU) 35k entriesuploads/770/nissan_connect_EU_2015-01-29.zip

F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

Does anyone know how often they update these?
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
duncho

Post by duncho »

Usually updates are released monthly, but there are no big differences even during the year.

Toxteth O'Grady

Post by Toxteth O'Grady »

Hi
If I install this, will I get double warnings for cameras? (One for the camera record in the Connect database and another for the one in this POI list)

And once I've installed this, can I uninstall it without losing any of the pre-installed POIs?

Cheers
White 1.6 dCi 2WD Tekna via drivethedeal.com.
Still wishing they'd call it the Nissan Rogue.
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

I tested this today and yes you do get some double warnings for duplicate camera locations.

I think it might depend on what version of NC you're running as I am led to believe they removed camera updates from more recent versions.

I'm on C018 and it has camera alerts as part of the map in addition to the my POI functionality. You can easily remove any uploads via the on-screen menus.
duncho

Post by duncho »

Problem with double alerts we get because native Nissan warning file is not overwritten with your custom CSV file. When you upload warnings file from Nissan (Navteq), it will overwrite older file that came with the car (0913.ntq).

Chrissymoo

Post by Chrissymoo »

I did all that download onto a new usb with no luck nothing came up on the screen so just go stupid road signs which were already on it