FREE SatNav POI - SPEEDCAM REDLIGHT warnings

ICE, Equipment, Options
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I have checked both USB sticks and they are formatted as FAT. I copied the PocketGPS data base onto one and the NTQ file on the other using identical folders, the one with the speed camera's uploaded onto the Connect ok, but the other stick said unable to copy, contact Nissan for help. Many thanks
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors

duncho

Post by duncho »

Oh ok, but that's the other thing. So it is recognized, but returns with an error.
It could be due to ID of your Connect different than mine. Therefore it doesn't want to accept it.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Red Rooster
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Red Rooster »

Question for Duncho.....I have installed the CSV file and it downloaded fine to my NC following B_R's instructions. Do the warnings include the mobile camera positions or do they just notify you of the Gatsos and Red Light Cameras.
58 plate 2.0 l petrol Acenta
2016 1.6 DIG-T Ink Blue
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, Ink Blue
2024 1.3 DIG-T 160 MHEV Tekna with bose and led fog lights.Mag blue Black roof.
duncho

Post by duncho »

Red Rooster: POI's I uploaded exclude mobile camera.

Red Rooster

Post by Red Rooster »

Thanks mate...thats what I thought cos I passed a known mobile spot yesterday and nothing happened.
2016 1.6 DIG-T Ink Blue
Deleted User 5194

Post by Deleted User 5194 »

duncho wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:30 am To clear old database which came with Connect "Alerts_0913.ntq" I made this "clearing" file, which will erase the old warning database causing double and/or incorrect notifications caused by obsolete information contained in it: https://mega.nz/#!RgUU3Czb!CXSTxWrz2Ta- ... kv9OvGQq5Y
Hi Duncho,

I'm a member of the Dutch QashQai Forum Qashqai-Passion.nl and some members are strugling as well with the built-in Alerts_0913 from Nissan. It's about the Connect3 fitted in the J11. We've a long thread running about this issue and some members climbed the support-ladder pretty high but got stonewalled multiple times. The dealers and regular helpdesk didn't comprehend the issue and Nissan Technical Support (France) stated that this file is built in (PROM or EPROM) and can't be erased. Pretty stupid for speedcam info dated back to 2012.. :shock:

You are the only one (and yes; I visited al other QQ-fora in the EU) who provides a possible solution; though in this thread it's not quite clear if anybody else than you got to "erase" the built in speedcams. So a view questions:
* I believe the file is a binary file from NavTeq (now Here), you claimed you've created it yourself. How dit you do this?
* is there a NTQ editor available or is it possible to export popular (eg CSV) POI files to NTQ?
* Is the NTQ file linked to your Device (with a sort of a specific device-id?)

There seems te be some reluctance to blindly test your supplied file; so we're hoping you can help us out (or give us directions ;) ).

You can see our thread here https://translate.google.nl/translate?h ... c%3D9340.0 I've translated it with google :)

Thanks in advance
ynysygwas

Post by ynysygwas »

I realise this is an old(ish) topic but FWIW I was only able to update the Pois from pocketGPS when my usb drive was changed to FAT32 format. I'm pretty sure that FAT format used to work as I use the same stick but doesn't any more. I can only guess that some software change happened at annual service and FAT no longer works.
A Tekna, because I admit I need all the help I can get.
Trabant Dave

Post by Trabant Dave »

I have a 'dedicated' USB drive for my pocketGPS updates and mine is FAT32 - as I have only had my QQ for two months I never had a FAT format USB, but FAT32 definitely works perfectly
duncho

Post by duncho »

Nissan finally moved ahead and agreed with HERE to update Speed POIs. Here is the link in case you want to officially get rid of outdated 0913.ntq speed cam file:

http://nissan.navigation.com/product-li ... anEMEA/GBP

IMG_1457.JPG

IMG_1458.JPG

Red Rooster

Post by Red Rooster »

I had my new SD card delivered a couple of days ago ( after contacting Nissan ) and it looks like the cameras have already been installed on it cos I passed 2 or 3 on Sunday and they showed up on the screen.
2016 1.6 DIG-T Ink Blue