Project: Reversing / Disabling Stop/Start feature

ICE, Equipment, Options
richard_crl032

Post by richard_crl032 »

Daniel, You are the best !!!

richard_crl032

Post by richard_crl032 »

Hi Daniel,

Any plan for next production together with expected more request in UK and elsewhere ??

About 10 bros in our Whatsapp are hoping for the same as your token $ is a no-brainer to rid of this SS that had also be credited for powerloss and ebrake issues .......... and I would be OK to place say 15 units ??

Thanks and best regards,
duncho

Post by duncho »

Hi Richard,
I am extremely busy, but will try to find a way. I will ask friend of mine to do PCBs for me, which is the most time consuming thing. Try to get definite number taking into consideration also the future interest as this will most likely be my last production. Greetings :)
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

"powerloss and ebrake issues" ??
duncho

Post by duncho »

gvmdaddy wrote:"powerloss and ebrake issues" ??
Do you mean regarding use of the module?
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
richard_crl032

Post by richard_crl032 »

Gvmdaddy,

About 5% of the 100+ owners in our whatsapp group experienced car not moving despite drive gearnbeing engaged and we termed this as powerloss phenomenon which was also noted that the ebrakes seems to be stucked and not release for 2-3 seconds. At times, this can be scary and critical safety concern but our local distributor could not offer solution until recent SW update which again proved in at least some cases that this issue is not resolved.

Not sure if UK owners had experienced this.

This is reported to be reproducible and I will posted the steps that seems to be associated with stopstart function and hence there are owners who wants itntonbe disable automatically with Duncho's module rather than manually.

Cheers
richard_crl032

Post by richard_crl032 »

This is the reported sequence that affected cars are how experiencing powerloss/ebrakes issue on our 1.2L dig-t petrol. Any uk owners reported the same ??

Screenshot_2016-03-23-06-38-31.png

richard_crl032

Post by richard_crl032 »

duncho wrote:Hi Richard,
I am extremely busy, but will try to find a way. I will ask friend of mine to do PCBs for me, which is the most time consuming thing. Try to get definite number taking into consideration also the future interest as this will most likely be my last production. Greetings :)
Hi Daniel,

Understand ..... 15 units from me/Singapore owner then and hope more from UK owners and perhaps even Australia etc.

Best regards,

Richard
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Hi guys just to clarify I had a little blip with the start/stop yesterday. The only way to turn it off each time you start the car is manually by pressing the button ? I went through the settings and could seem to see a permanent off feature - or have i miss it ?

By the way nice project you are doing on this thread
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

You can't permanently disable via the car's settings; switching off only disables temporarily. It will reinstate the SS function next time you start engine.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D