Project: Reversing / Disabling Stop/Start feature

ICE, Equipment, Options
richard_crl032

Post by richard_crl032 »

Hi, There are 14 users in my whatapps group of Qashqai 1.2L Turbo CVT that ws released in Jan2015 in Singapore that would love to have this working and yes, we have various stop/start issues and also autobrake issues thought to be associated with this function that does not work with traffic lights in almost every 50-100m in the city of Singapore except the expressway.Hope this solution is tested Ok and can be shared with your follow Qashqai owners in the red dot of Singapore.Best regards,Richard
richard_crl0322015-08-03 10:03:12

duncho

Post by duncho »

Hi Richard,
I'm making second version of S/S module, which should be ready on the end of this month. My experience and results reported by friends who bought the module shows that it's not perfect when you don't start the engine right after you enter the car. Some tweaks were done, I just need to make new PCBs.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
richard_crl032

Post by richard_crl032 »

Hi Duncho,Thanks for the good news .....If you can pm me your paypal account, I can put say 20% deposit of say 10 units as a token to show our support and wish on this cause.Best regards,Richard
duncho

Post by duncho »

Today, I have finalized module v2. I keep an idea of 2 wires module which is connected to S/S switch and does not require power supply +12V when ACC is ON. Advantages:- very simple installation- only 2 wires connected to S/S switch- no need ACC +12V - no changes to car electrics- no need of fuse (consumption 0.3mA, powered by BCM which supplies 10mA max)- does not disable S/S permanently, just negate the S/S switch function- does not generate any DTCs- non detectable by techniciansDisadvantages:- module starts countdown pre-set time from a moment when car is unlocked as S/S switch becomes already active even if engine is not started. If you don't start engine while module countdowns (4 minutes from moment of unlocking the car) then you need again press S/S button.Currently testing, so far so good :)Few photos:

duncho2015-08-27 22:10:13

richard_crl032

Post by richard_crl032 »

Good morning Daniel,

Nice !!!

Please just be aware that 48 quashqai owners in Singapore with the whatapps group are awaiting the modules for 10 eager volunteers to conduct field trials as soon as they receives them !

Really appreciates the knowledge and your willingness to share this with international Qashqai owners and can't wait to receive them.

Cheers and thanks again !!!

Richard
duncho

Post by duncho »

Hi Richard,please check with your mates, whether that disadvantage I mentioned is fine. I'm going to make 25 modules for now as some other people want few pieces as well. Cheers and greetings to humid Singapore!

richard_crl032

Post by richard_crl032 »

Hi Daniel,Glad to inform you that the whatsapp group had grown to 48 members and we are in fact meeting in about 3 hrs time for our 1st official get together (gtg) !!Yes, I had shared the disadvantage which are nothing compared to the current inability to disable by default and please reserve 10 modules for our field trials in Singapore. Best regards,RichardPS: please PM your paypal address and other payment details as soon as you have them and please send courier or quickest air parcel when available ... yes, we are that eager ...lol !
richard_crl032

Post by richard_crl032 »

uploads/2694/Screenshot_2015-08-28-17-32-11.png
richard_crl0322015-08-28 10:39:03
richard_crl032

Post by richard_crl032 »

Duncho aka Daniel ...3 months and working like a charm for the 10 bros in Singapore ...thanks again. Hope next "production" run will happen and I can order another 10 for inquiring bros ..cheapest and yet more differentiating mod yet !!
duncho

Post by duncho »

Hey Richard! I'm glad to hear that I made a very little population of Singaporean QQ owners happy ;)
All the best!