Cruise Control Not Working

ICE, Equipment, Options
chrisman

Post by chrisman »

Hi allTook delivery on Monday of a 1.5 diesel Tekna. Really please so far but have noticed today that my cruise control is not working but it was working yesterday so something has changed!I press the cruise control button which presents the cruise control active sign on the screen.The next step is when at the required speed to press the set button but it has no effect. In essence its not selecting the speed and almost as if I am not pressing the set button at all.Has anyone experienced this or am I just doing something wrong!Many thanks all!

battboy

Post by battboy »

Hi Chrisman. What I do is turn it on, then push the switch +/-up or down to increase/decrease the speed. Not sure if this correct but it works for me.
Nightshade Nissan Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci CVT. Delivered October 2014
Kentishman

Post by Kentishman »

Silly question are you pressing the swith or pulling it down to set
Tekna 1.6 CVT Nightshade
chrisman

Post by chrisman »

Hi Battboy - really appreciate the reply, thanks mate.I am not getting that far. After I press the cruise control button you have to press set for the first time to set the speed that cruise control will maintain to begin with. When I press set it doest register and its like its still waiting for me to press it.Earlier in the week it worked and then like you I used up and down to adjust the speed and that worked fine!I think it must be an error - just need to decide whether its worth finding time to take it in to be looked at as I have just moved from a delapidated ford focus so not used to having it anyway.Thanks again for replying though.Cheers
chrisman

Post by chrisman »

Hi Kentishman - pulling it down towards set. Not sure it depresses does it - if it does then maybe that's the answer?thanks for replying.
chrisman

Post by chrisman »

appreciate that I have been using the words 'press' repeatedly though so appreciate why you asked!!!
kinelfire

Post by kinelfire »

On the previous model if your foot was very very slightly touching the clutch pedal it wouldnt work, make sure your foot is away from the clutch - assuming its a manual ofc ;)
Cafe Latte 2010 1.5 n-tec. then 2013 Black 1.5 360+2
duncho

Post by duncho »

I have learned that CC doesn't work when speed is higher than 170 km/h, which I suppose is not your case if you live in UK.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Try the speed limiter and see if you have the same problem. This is not effected by clutch/brake like the CC is so will at least tell you that the set button is operational!Speed limiter has a minimum of 20mph, not sure about the CC but I guess it will be the same. When turning the feature on, a symbol should appear on the dash and in "unset" mode, it will display "--" next to it. You then use the set button to activate the system and it will use the speed you are driving at. When CC is deactivated but still turned on, IIRC the speed turns grey rather than reverting back to "--".
tomo2001

Post by tomo2001 »

Also cruise control doesn't activate if you are not pressing the accelerator at the same time - unless that's just my car lol ??
Nissan Qashqai 1.6 dci Tekna