snow, ice and sub zero temps

ICE, Equipment, Options
TC3

Post by TC3 »

Snowed here last night and just wiped the snow off the front bumper and no issues with any warnings as of yet .... not had any issues since picking car up 10 months ago
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

tomo2001

Post by tomo2001 »

[/QUOTE]]Indeed - you're on form this morning![/QUOTE]]
And that's supposed to mean exactly what ?
Nissan Qashqai 1.6 dci Tekna
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="tomo2001"][/QUOTE]Indeed - you're on form this morning![/QUOTE]
And that's supposed to mean exactly what ?[/QUOTE]You surely weren't seriously suggesting that Jon has a faulty car?
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I can confirm my car is not faulty, I have heard and seen the warning beeps etc. relating to this, in fact my wife is an expert at getting them to show as she tends to drive faster and closer to other cars than I do. Maybe a style of driving, but I know for sure that there is nothing wrong with the sensors. I am still convinced the very early build cars were better put together in some way and as I have said before the two which were delivered to my ex employers March 2014 and the Premiere version delivered to my near neighbour in Feb. 2014 all have been totally trouble free.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
tomo2001

Post by tomo2001 »

Maybe you are right jon in that early cars were less problematic. Just out of interest what mileage is on your's now. Is it just that some of us with niggles are out on the road more.Mine was supplied in July 2014 and has 15k on it.
Nissan Qashqai 1.6 dci Tekna
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

tomo2001 - mine has been on the road since March last year (so an early J11 build) and I've now driven 29,000 miles in it. I've had the usual niggles, FEB, parking sensors kicking off, Sat Nav not detecting my location correctly etc and have had all the software upgrades on here as commonly documented. Interestingly for the front sensors kicking off, I've driven the car in the snow and so far (touches wood!) I've not had a problem. It seems the problems are more software related than hardware, all the fancy electronic kit (parking sensors etc) will likely be used elsewhere and not just in the J11 QQ so can't imagine they're the problem and since I've had the software updates I've not had any problems, just my thoughts...
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="tomo2001"]Maybe you are right jon in that early cars were less problematic. Just out of interest what mileage is on your's now. Is it just that some of us with niggles are out on the road more.Mine was supplied in July 2014 and has 15k on it.[/QUOTE]
Just done over 8k miles so not even fully run in yet. But I would add that the two cars from my ex-work I mentioned earlier and purchased last March have done almost 29k one and the other 34k no problems, so I would rule that out
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

My FEB disabled itself with some heavy snow the other day. No snow on bumper and was driving for a good 5-10 mins in it before it decided to switch itself off. TBH, snow is still an object so I am glad that the system has a fail safe when it detects odd response rather than just going nuts. Worked fine after an engine restart and the snow had stopped.
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Well it's certainly caused by the snow.I was in the middle of a heavy and sticky snowfall this morning and it failed after about 10 or 15 minutes of continuous snow.When i finally managed to pull over to have a look the entire front of the car was plastered with snow.I did speak to the service department at my dealer yesterday and nobody else had called to mention this happening. They've never had any failures / warnings in passing comment other than one, which was a total failure of the system which they had to replace.So either other people choose to ignore it or my car is like splanks and qash and a bit special...
Nissan no more...
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

It's the driver of course - very special!
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.