snow, ice and sub zero temps

ICE, Equipment, Options
draggo

Post by draggo »

I went to the dealer and they did update to front collision system. It has not done any errors for 4 days now.Unfortunately front parking sensors are not working at all. Any time I'm on slow speed, they start to scream. Dealer put new date to try and fix this issue.
Nissan Qashqai 2014 1,6 dCi Xtronic Safety Pack Connect

AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Just to revive this a bit.We've had a very minor amount of snow over the last 24 to 36 hours.My Anti-Collision system has reported as failed 3 times in that time frame.In all 3 instances the car was cleared of snow before i set off and it failed "in journey".I'd assume in more snowy parts of the world it'll be problematic or fairly near useless at certain times of the year.
Nissan no more...
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Richard, I believe that there appears to be differences between our QQ's whether it is a snow, dirt or electronic problem some are lucky, some not it appears. We have also had light snow today and 1*C and all I done was Switch the Front / Rear Screen Heaters on, clear the Windows and drive and all Sensors, Cameras etc... worked as normal - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Richard, as you know it snowed heavily last night at around 17:00 and my car was totally covered with snow on the front as I was driving, happily not a single beep or light came on during my six mile journey
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

To be fair dave, apart from my parking sensors, which after replacement are now fine this is the first time the collision system has failed (and it has had the re-map).Everything else worked ok including the "lane detection" software.I've no idea why the "radar" failed as the area we've identified wasn't covered in snow when i got out to check the first 2 times.It did "recover" about half way to my destination on the 3rd occasion all by itself (this morning).Edit: the fact Jons didn't fail and we live pretty close together is more of a concern as i doubt we got "different" snow types (sticky vs powdery, etc).
AlleyCat2015-02-03 10:21:30
Nissan no more...
Qash

Post by Qash »

I had many problems with wet snow and no problems with "regular" snow. Temperature should not be relevant.
QQ BUSINESS+ (Tekna 17")1,5 dci
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Richard, perhaps Jon cleans and polishes his QQ things more often - Dave ?Y?·
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
tomo2001

Post by tomo2001 »

[quote="jonceebee"]
Richard, as you know it snowed heavily last night at around 17:00 and my car was totally covered with snow on the front as I was driving, happily not a single beep or light came on during my six mile journey[/QUOTE]
Perhaps yours is faulty full stop so isn't displaying any of the errors that others have seen ??Maybe that is why your car seems perfect whereas many other owners are experiencing issues.Just a thought ??.............................................
Nissan Qashqai 1.6 dci Tekna
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="tomo2001"][quote="jonceebee"]
Richard, as you know it snowed heavily last night at around 17:00 and my car was totally covered with snow on the front as I was driving, happily not a single beep or light came on during my six mile journey[/QUOTE]
Perhaps yours is faulty full stop so isn't displaying any of the errors that others have seen ??Maybe that is why your car seems perfect whereas many other owners are experiencing issues.Just a thought ??.............................................[/QUOTE]Indeed - you're on form this morning!
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

[quote="tomo2001"][quote="jonceebee"]
Perhaps yours is faulty full stop so isn't displaying any of the errors that others have seen ??Maybe that is why your car seems perfect whereas many other owners are experiencing issues.Just a thought ??.............................................[/QUOTE]I took it a different way.I assumed that Jon was saying that since we live near each other, and his car didn't have any issues, that it seems unusual mine would have when, all things considered, we probably suffered almost the same weather conditions.It is possible Jons isn't working at all, if somewhat unlikely, but in all probability it's more likely that mine is a little bit more temperamental, or possibly, as Dave has suggested, somewhat more filthy There are of course other options that you can roll the dice on.Possibly it's because mines a cheaper variant.Possibly i offended *insert deity here*.Possibly i got some shonky electrics.
Nissan no more...