snow, ice and sub zero temps

ICE, Equipment, Options
draggo

Post by draggo »

No condensation in my car either.I had problems with parking sensors. Today I noticed that they are turned off. When I pushed the button to turn them back on, nothing happened. If I turned them on from the menu the front sensors went nuts every time the speed was low.One new thing today was that when I started to drive to down (25km) there was no sound on Nissan Connect. Everything worked, but just no sound. I town I stopped for 0,5 hours and when I returned to the car the sound was there again.To the Nissan again tomorrow.
Nissan Qashqai 2014 1,6 dCi Xtronic Safety Pack Connect

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Same as you draggo.
Parking sensors have switched themselves off and pressing the button has no effect. Will try again tomorrow.
Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

At present I have had no problems in the cold and snowThe technology is working correctly so far and no condensation
J11 Tekna 1.6 4WD Ink Blue Collected 26th September 2014
Zunsport Black Grill. Bonnet protector. Bonnet struts. Dashcam.
duncho

Post by duncho »

Dave, how did you go with Webasto? As far as I'm informed, Webasto is working hard to make sftw patch for logic board used in Qashqai. Let me know when you get this solved pls.

Update on my faulty battery and S/S system failed. Nissan dealer said that the battery is Okay, which I did not accept and insisted on replacement. Then head of technicians wanted to start the car up and it failed. I could not be happier to show them they are wrong again. So new battery arrives in approx. 2 weeks. Luckily I had a spare one that I can use because OEM battery doesn't crank anymore.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Atif

Post by Atif »

2 weeks for the battery? Sorry for the dumb question, but could they just replace it with the new one which has same parameters? Or they just do not keep these things in hand? They like ordering everything with very long delivery times.. even for the simple parts.
Qashqai 1.6 CVT 2014
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Atif, this looks like the Norm. Just before we got the QQ we had to get a new Battery (Renault supplied) for our 3 year Old Juke and this took a total of a week for delivery so we drove around with a Loan Battery until delivered - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
duncho

Post by duncho »

[quote="Atif"] 2 weeks for the battery? Sorry for the dumb question, but could they just replace it with the new one which has same parameters? Or they just do not keep these things in hand? They like ordering everything with very long delivery times.. even for the simple parts.
[/QUOTE]
It does not surprise me that it takes so long if Nissan was unable to replace dodgy wiper claimed right after I received the car and fix whole list of issues in 8 months.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just a thought regarding the Condensation - might help ! We have the Nissan OEM Rubber Winter Mats installed and there was some negative comments regarding them being misformed under > ("Bodywork & Interior" / "Poor OEM Mats Design").
But since the snow has arrived I have checked these Mats and they are retaining the snow / water due to the raised sides. I have checked under the Mats and it is dry but I am soaking up the water with Kitchen Towels / Clothes on a Daily basis - not much time and effort required Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Eddzilla

Post by Eddzilla »

[quote="Eddzilla"] On a positive note, appart from the right hand blind spot detection creating a disco effect in the corner of my eye most of the time, the rest of the detecting systems seem to be OK so far (touching wood).
No error messages or lights.[/QUOTE]
Spoke too soon:

" Front center parking sensors false detecting. Continuous beep until i switched it off. Great.
" Engine management light on twice for about a minute at a time
" Rear camers dirty warning. I thought it was supposed to clean itself with wash and blow dry. Thats what the brochure says.
" Usual false detections from the RH blindspot warning

Not exactly cold and not frozen either. Never jet washed.

CVT - Fine since replacement. Not sure i should have said that.
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Still no false warnings apart from the wing mirror ones when it rains. Funnily I have just had the car pressure washed (I do not usually) because of all the crap and road salt and drove back from the supermarket and no false readings at all, and he did a lot of pressure washing around the bumper sensors, so I am impressed
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors