Sinosmart Android Head unit - UK Forum member offer

ICE, Equipment, Options
kieron
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by kieron »

Hi folks,

Have read through this entire thread after doing some research on an aftermarket CarPlay unit. The Sinosmart looks to be my choice.

A couple of questions if anyone can help me, please:

- I'm looking at installing in a 2020 X-Trail - presume the installation process is same/very similar. Has anyone here tried in an X-Trail, and if so, how was it and does it work like it does in the Qashqai?

- Looking at AliExpress, I find this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001621192834.html - is this really only £109?! Presume it can't be the right link / model I'm looking at? Can someone sanity check me, please. :)

Thanks a lot
Kieron

Maggio86
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Maggio86 »

kieron wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:09 pm Hi folks,

Have read through this entire thread after doing some research on an aftermarket CarPlay unit. The Sinosmart looks to be my choice.

A couple of questions if anyone can help me, please:

- I'm looking at installing in a 2020 X-Trail - presume the installation process is same/very similar. Has anyone here tried in an X-Trail, and if so, how was it and does it work like it does in the Qashqai?

- Looking at AliExpress, I find this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001621192834.html - is this really only £109?! Presume it can't be the right link / model I'm looking at? Can someone sanity check me, please. :)

Thanks a lot
Kieron
Well that is the right on but it's the 2019-21 2G-32G 4core version. I think most would suggest you opt for more RAM etc but it's up to you. As for the X-Trail queries, I can't help but imagine it will be very similar. It was easy to fit on the Qashqai.
triumphman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by triumphman »

Can anyone advise if the existing nissan mic can be reused or do you have to rely upon the internal mic or the one supplied? Thx
Maggio86

Post by Maggio86 »

triumphman wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:46 am Can anyone advise if the existing nissan mic can be reused or do you have to rely upon the internal mic or the one supplied? Thx
I think you have to use the supplied one. Mine came with a plug in one but also has one built in... not a great deal of difference between the two to be honest.
Hitesh D

Post by Hitesh D »

I have a question, but let me start off by saying I bought the sinosmart, 6gb 128gb upgraded to 2k screen, I recived the item few days ago delivery took 7days however there was some damage/crack on the fascia I messaged sinosmart they are sending me a new fascia :) so really good customer service I just had to pay a pound for delivery. I have a thought i have disassembled the microphone so you can just the the mic and have installed it where the original oem mic sits but realised there are two mics. So I got thinking with a lot of people having issues with the other person unable to hear clearly what if you could add two mic by using a Y splitter? Where i am stuck is the type of splitter that would work as the mic pin wire is ts I presume you need a ts splitter or can I also get away with using trs or trrs? As anyone else tried this?

20231116_104308.jpg

1448590698779315794.jpg

ae_1699989442778.jpg

Brock92

Post by Brock92 »

Madmaus wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:16 pm I've installed it but 360 camera isn't working.
When I set it in reverse I get a black screen.
I've watched the video of Iceze (which is great btw) but he has an yellow cable with camera on it. I only have an yellow cable with back video in on it and that definitely doenst work.

And I've seen to lost a metal clip you have to remove from the original radio.
Can you buy those things?
Hi, just wondering did you ever find anywhere to buy those metal clips?
Thanks
Omy

Post by Omy »

Just putting out my feelers, would anyone be interested buying the 2019-2021 6G-128G model (with dab stick and bose harness if you need it) from me?
The park assist just does not work with my model year (might not be an issue for someone without it) and it's bugging me to no end.

ballpark half price, 150e ish.
MeesterZ

Post by MeesterZ »

Hi all,

I installed the Sinosmart yesterday, got a 2018 tekna+ QQ with Bose. First the sub didn’t seem to go along, changed a few settings in the equalizer, still not sure about it. I changed the canbus car version to QQ 2016-2017, that seemed to help a little. The wires are all connected fine.

Do you guys know how to change apps in the themes that come with the unit? Example: now it’s DAB-Z and weather. Can I change it?

Any tips on audio settings are welcome:)

Thanks to everyone here with the comments, it really helped. Iceze, amazing vid on YT, without that vid I wouldnt know how to do it, GJ!
iceze

Post by iceze »

I'm glad to help guys. I bought mine early on and thought it was a little too underrated and overlooked.

@MeesterZ and others. There is another another video, where I showed bumping up the bass on the unit. I think the Qashqai does have quite 'tinny' speakers but using 6-9db bass boost makes our system pretty alright.

I believe Sinosmart has sorted the Bose issues that some people had. It didn't seem to be every Bose system which probably took them longer to come up with a solution.

If anyone with Bose still has an issue, reach out to me. I don't have a car with Bose, but think I know how a few people have solved any issues.

@Hitesh How is the mic mod coming along?
2015 J11 Tekna
Omy

Post by Omy »

Solved the BOSE issue as software or the "new" harness? The only nagging issues remaining are the really crappy mic (my internal/external switch does not work - mic sounds terrible and produces an echo because it listens to them both.) and non working PA. I could live without the PA - bit mic is really a deal breaker