Sat nav problem

ICE, Equipment, Options
RVW

Post by RVW »

This is a peculiar one?
It has happened a few times but only on the return journey from Birmingham.
Can go from Norwich to Birmingham via A11-A14-M6 no bother.
On the return journey following a reversal of the route around the area of Kettering/Cambridge the system goes blank then reboots but it is lost. The map is not where we are. After a few rebooting attempts and re- entering the destination the system then works again no problems. It only seems to happen around this area. Been different parts of the country and no problems.

Baffled
J11-2016 QashQai Tekna 1.5dci Magnetic Red

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Your signature gives no indication of your model or car's age; if in warranty report to dealer.
Maybe you have loose connection in the Connect system somewhere.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
RVW

Post by RVW »

It's aJ11 bought brand new June2016 1.5dci Tekna
If it was a loose connection it would do it all the time surely? It only ever happens on a return joinery in the area I mentioned.
RVW

Post by RVW »

If I take it to the stealer they are going to say they cannot reproduce the fault. Unless the fault is logged in the system?
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

Same thing happened to me on the M6 near Birmingham. The reboot totally blinded me with white light.
1.5 Dci Acenta Premium, Magnetic Red, Towbar and 7 Pin Electrics, Spare Wheel, ALA Gap Insurance, Poor out of date expensive £109 Maps from Nissan
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Sounds like a map problem. How about u try the new map that's just come out, I think black roger is selling it soon
RVW

Post by RVW »

Daewar wrote:Sounds like a map problem. How about u try the new map that's just come out, I think black roger is selling it soon
That's what I thought. Just waiting until he confirms they are on sale and working ok
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

RVW, you most probably have a mobile phone. What I do is photo whatever the fault is and stick the evidence in front of the Service Dept with verbal comments or copy the fault out and hand it too them. At present I have never had a problem. Generally the Dealer cannot argue when they have the facts in front of them and after all it is a new QQ and under Gurantee and they have your Money - give it a try Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
ExJagXF

Post by ExJagXF »

I have had exactly the same symptoms in that area on the A14. It seems to happen every time I use the A14 to Cambridge. I just let the system reboot but it takes quite a few miles to recover the correct location but it has lost the plotted route and the destination has to be entered again.
2017 1.2 DIG-T Tekna Xtronic in Magnetic Red.
RVW

Post by RVW »

ExJagXF wrote:I have had exactly the same symptoms in that area on the A14. It seems to happen every time I use the A14 to Cambridge. I just let the system reboot but it takes quite a few miles to recover the correct location but it has lost the plotted route and the destination has to be entered again.
Yep that's exactly what happens