Downgrading 19 to 17

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="andrewjoseph"]Jon, how is resistance to aquaplaning a disadvantage?[/QUOTE]
I don't know, I copied it from a journal, I think that particular line is confused or should be in the advantages box. It also had me thinking a bit
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors

andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

I can imagine that a wider tyre is more prone to aquaplaning, as a narrow tyre is less so.
tekna cvt mag red
mrlazy

Post by mrlazy »

We'll I seem to have...

A) confirmed I want 17"
B) opened up a little can of worms too :)
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

mrlazy, exactly the same sort of thread rambled on the Yeti forum for years over the 16 and 17 inch wheels. Too be honest, I really prefer the 19 inch wheels as they look so smart, I have seen a few Acenta models around and you must admit they do not look nearly as good to look at.The 19 inch wheels ride pretty well anyway, I think Nissan have set the suspension up really well Now wheel scuffing, that is another matter
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

I upgraded from the 17" AP to the 19" teknaAnd im stumped as i can find no diffrence in ride hieght or stabilityIm not a race driver but im a quick driver and push the car through the lanes and didnt experiance the car ever sliding out under the 17" to be honest and the normal ride of the 19"s you would of thought more bumpy if it is then I cant say ive noticed itI will conceed on certain road surfaces the 19" can be noisier but thats only if your picking holesI changed to the 19" simply because lets face it they look so darn good
Donkey2014-06-20 05:31:58
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

I have a set of 17" wheels from our old Juke which had winter tyres and will reuse these with new tyres for winter.The important thing to remember is that any wheel used must be acceptable to the Nissan tyre valve with the pressure sensor otherwise you will get a fault come up on the info screen. As such I would stay with official Nissan wheels. I believe that the standard 17" tyre size of 215/60 R17 as used by Nissan on the QQ is fine.So, you need a set of 17" wheels, 4 x tyre vales with sensor and tyres of your choice. I will probably go for Nokian as these have good reviews and are a reasonable price. The Goodyear Ultra Grip 8 look a good bet but will cost you more.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

there will be no difference in height because the outer diameter of the tyre must be the same size.
tekna cvt mag red
BournemouthQQ

Post by BournemouthQQ »

I'm thinking of powder coating my Teckna alloys black....any thoughts? I might whip up a photoshop to see what they look like. They are great wheels I'm just not a huge fan of the two tone.
Black 1.2 Dig-T
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

[quote="BournemouthQQ"]I'm thinking of powder coating my Teckna alloys black....any thoughts? I might whip up a photoshop to see what they look like. They are great wheels I'm just not a huge fan of the two tone. [/QUOTE]
Depends on the colour of your car, full black can make the wheels look a little small. I made that mistake with my BTCC style Primera, went for 17" multi spokes in black rather than white because I thought they would be easier to keep clean and less visible brake dust damage over time. But they looked too small. Could be best with a dark grey, or even just silver.
BournemouthQQ

Post by BournemouthQQ »

[quote="SplanK"][quote="BournemouthQQ"]I'm thinking of powder coating my Teckna alloys black....any thoughts? I might whip up a photoshop to see what they look like. They are great wheels I'm just not a huge fan of the two tone. [/QUOTE]
Depends on the colour of your car, full black can make the wheels look a little small. I made that mistake with my BTCC style Primera, went for 17" multi spokes in black rather than white because I thought they would be easier to keep clean and less visible brake dust damage over time. But they looked too small. Could be best with a dark grey, or even just silver.[/QUOTE]
My QQs black too. Thinking of stealth ;o)
Black 1.2 Dig-T