partial change of mind

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

i have said previously that i wouldn't be putting rim protectors on my tekna wheels. I am having to partially change my mind.i had a slight scuff on nearside rear wheel where i kerbed it. i arranged for a local wheel repair guy to come out and fix it for £45. while there he pointed out a mark on the front nearside wheel. now this mark was not there the day before when i washed the car and wheels. The guy said it looked like a stone chip taking the lacquer off as the alloy underneath was not scuffed. this cost an extra £30 to fix.He recommended rim blades for this and treat them as disposable as they don't stand up to kerbing. So, putting something on my rims, but not touching the beadseat of the tyre.we'll see how long they last.
tekna cvt mag red

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

i fitted Alloygators-comes with spare in pack incidentally + a keyring with 'blade' enabling you to tidy up ie cut any scuff that occurs.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

Yeah, I know about the gaytors and rim ringz, I'm too wary of the sudden deflation issue that a minority have had.
tekna cvt mag red