Locking wheel nuts on Tekna?

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
aussiebob

Post by aussiebob »

Do you really feel the need for them sydswan? I for one am glad they don't have locking nuts, and they have been nothing but a pain in the butt for me on other cars.Here I don't think they're a standard on pretty much any car, and I didn't think there was that much demand for stealing stocker rims.On the other hand lots of people who add them seem to lose or break the "key" socket making it a pain when you finally do have to change a wheel/tyre.

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Peter / aussiebob, I was in the same Situation here in Germany and was surprised when the Guys in the UK stated these were a Std. Here they were not and after contacting NCS it was stated it was country related to what was Std.
Now in OZ you my not think it is a problem but if one or all gets stolen it tends to hurt your Pocket. I got our Dealer to fit a Nissan Set @ a‚¬35 and I have been here since 1990 and all of our cars have had them and I never had a Problem. Since the Borders are now open over here there is a Big Market for "Spares" or "Spares to Order" if you know what I mean. But at the end of the day it is your decision - Dave ?Y?‰
Peter the holiday was great being back home in the UK, there is still something special about the Island - probably the Beer ?Y?».
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
aussiebob

Post by aussiebob »

Yeah Dave, as I understand it, I've heard theft is a problem in countries where multiple sets (summer/winter tires etc) are required. As far as I know here in oz locking nuts aren't particularly popular, and are usually only really found on expensive aftermarket rims - not so much on factory stockers.
sydswan

Post by sydswan »

Thanks Bob , you may be correct, I just don't want some low life to think it might be a good thing to do. Nit sure what they are like Sydney, but here in Melb. there are some real "PRICKS" Peter
Qashqai 2.0L Ti auto Platinum
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I think if you start looking at the real costs it can begin to hurt. We have the Tekna with 19" Wheels so you have an Alloy + Tyre + TPMS Valve + Centre Cap + Fitting / Balancing etc .... So what is the end cost even after searching around probably between 600 - 700 AUD for example and that is big "Bucks", 16" / 17" Wheels are probably slightly less - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken