Washing Tekna Wheels

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
korky

Post by korky »

Guys just a quickie....washed the QQ today for parents and as soon as I'd done the first wheel I noticed that there were fine scratches visible on the black parts of the wheel hence then just used my hand as opposed to anything else.

Anyone figured a way to wash without causing fine scratches?

Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

How did you wash them!?I have had no problem with a sponge, but I did end up buying a proper wheel brush to do them.
korky

Post by korky »

To be fair I used a j cloth as I thought the wheel brush would be to harsh...
korky

Post by korky »

So it was pressure wash, AG clean wheels and the cloth to agitate and clean. Remaining three wheels were then done by fingers :)
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Maybe the cloth was holding onto grit thus the damage. Saying that, I have been quite brutal with washing wheels in the past and never had an issue!Surprised you have not done any damage using your hands though, that's usually a very quick way to scratch a car! I usually pressure wash the wheels first, wash with wheel brush using 2 bucket method (do one spoke middle at a time, then into bucket, once done all the spokes then I do the face), then jet wash again. I don't usually dry my wheels, BUT have done once before with a sponge (just dabbed, I didn't drag). Used sponge as I didn't want to use my microfiber drying cloth on the wheels as I didn't want to
korky

Post by korky »

To be fair similar technique usually...never ever had a similar thing happen on any wheels
Contigo

Post by Contigo »

Wheels are hardy and especially the black Tekna wheels, I never use the Microfibre Mitt on wheels as there are too much contaminants on them. Apply IronX and then agitate with a proper alloy wheel brush and then rinse with water. Job done.
Current Cars: QQ 1.5 DCi Tekna, Maserati 3200GT, Mini Cooper S

korky

Post by korky »

[quote="Contigo"] Wheels are hardy and especially the black Tekna wheels, I never use the Microfibre Mitt on wheels as there are too much contaminants on them. Apply IronX and then agitate with a proper alloy wheel brush and then rinse with water. Job done.[/QUOTE]

Will give IroNX a whirl....wouldn't the alloy brush scratch as well?
Contigo

Post by Contigo »

It's not an alloy brush.... it's an alloy wheel cleaning brush :)http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels-an ... .htmlThese are awesome..
Current Cars: QQ 1.5 DCi Tekna, Maserati 3200GT, Mini Cooper S

korky

Post by korky »

[quote="Contigo"] It's not an alloy brush.... it's an alloy wheel cleaning brush :)
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels-an ... d_389.html
These are awesome..
[/QUOTE]