full size spare in boot

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

Sits just under top boards.
tekna cvt mag red

korky

Post by korky »

Great picture so in essence you lose the small under floor storage area - which in fairness you can't really put much into. What have you done with the carpet?
ferris

Post by ferris »

Have you secured that with the same bolt that kept the original repair kit in place?
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

Sorry peeps, been away cycling in the West country all weekend so just catching up.Carpet is in attic with foam insert with bottle of gunk inside. Bolt its same as used to secure the foam insert.There is room inside the wheel for Jack, compressor, extending wheel brace and sundry bits of rope and ties I like top keep in the car. there is room beside and behind the wheel for other small items like old blanket to perfect seats etc.
tekna cvt mag red
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

andrewjoseph, that is good information that this can be done and it looks tidy but then you have to look for a Full Size 19" Spare + Tyre and they cost an arm and a leg - expensive !. When you read all these good solutions it makes you think - what is a puncture ? I have been out here for 24 years and never had one on the 7 cars we have had during that time. But it is better to be prepared and I was at our Dealer today testing the installation of the Space Saver Wheel Spacers (received from UK) today in one of their Demo QQ's - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

The spare wheel and tyre I had cost £ 300 delivered.
tekna cvt mag red
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Is it a matching Alloy for the QQ Tekna or just an odd "Spare" 19" Alloy ? - Thanks Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

Bought a spare wheel kit for my 2014 QQ a couple of weeks ago before we went to France, anyway despite only ever having one blow out in my driving life (24 years, averaging around 25,000 miles per year) I still bit the bullet as didn't want to end up stranded at the side of the autoroute with Mrs WB and kids in car. So long story short, we did 850 trouble free miles on our week away and no issues, now I'm lulled into a false sense of security and that having a spare was a bit like breakdown cover - a waste of money until you need it, then BOOOOMMM!!!!!, 2 puctures in one tyre last Thursday night! Huzzah for spare wheels :o)
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)
Kris

Post by Kris »

Thoughts on spare wheel. One train of thought is they are not included to reduce weight and therefore help mpg. second reason to keep cost down (maybe some of mpg reason as well)But if it is to keep weight down and improve mpg for the official testing etc. then I think it would be good PR for Nissan (and other manufactures) to offer a space saver (or full size) wheel at a near cost option.This way it would not be part of the official test and so keep weight down and would create good will to customers who feel safer with a spare.On the other hand if it is cost then we have no hope of a spare at a good price.
1.5 Tekna Pearl White: Alloygators, Mud Flaps, Defender spray to front bumper and bonnet
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Just had a thought about this. If you do buy the space saver and you do end up using it its, that's the lower section of the boot "gone" as it were looking at how much room the wheel has taken up! Such a shame that they never fitted the QQ with a decent sized spare wheel well regardless of weather they were going to supply the wheel or not. So now you have to decide... more boot space, or spare wheel! With the spare (esp full size), the boot volume is quite reduced really!