Space Saver Wheel Foam Inserts

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

So thanks to the help from jonceebee I have just received the Spacers Left & Right from Glyn Hopkins total time from order (which cost me 61 Pounds) to delivery here in Germany in just under 6 days, an excellent service !
Here are a couple of Part Pics with the Nissan Nos for information - Dave

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

th0mps0n

Post by th0mps0n »

DaveBerlin which version of car did you order? The UK one? It seems that there is difference between UK (RHD) and EU models (LHD).When I was at our local dealer (central Europe), all models that I seen had the spare wheel (space saver one).I assume that UK model has only the repair kit, or am I wrong? This may vary from country to country of course.
1.6 dCi 2WD manual Tekna Bronze with Thermaclear, Illuminated sidebars, Chrome premium pack, Chrome mirror covers, Chrome door sill strips

Ordered 2nd May, delivered 20th Nov. :)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

th0mps0n, I ordered the QQ Tekna German Version LHD. I can assure you that there was no Space Saver Wheel installed when we disassembled one last week. There was just a Styropor Tray with the Gung , Compressor etc in.
I actually live in Berlin Germany not the Good Old UK - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
th0mps0n

Post by th0mps0n »

I see. I can only speak about our regional dealers. In Czech Republic and Slovakia, they use to come with space saver wheel kit already.
1.6 dCi 2WD manual Tekna Bronze with Thermaclear, Illuminated sidebars, Chrome premium pack, Chrome mirror covers, Chrome door sill strips

korky

Post by korky »

Great pics Dave - I will get mine sorted tomorrow
SKYLINE

Post by SKYLINE »

[quote="th0mps0n"]I see. I can only speak about our regional dealers. In Czech Republic and Slovakia, they use to come with space saver wheel kit already.[/QUOTE]
Yes some countries we put a space saver in and others uk included just get the gunk and the inflator kit..
yozzer

Post by yozzer »

I ordered mine with the car in February. The salesman ordered ten sets, the wheel and bits came quick, but when I called in on monday 26th May to see if they were in, guess what, still waiting for delivery . Dont mind while I am driving local, but I'll want them when I go on my hols.
SKYLINE

Post by SKYLINE »

lol there are plenty here at the factory but thats no good to you ...
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

th0mps0n, here is a pic of the Spacers from the UK installed in a German Showroom QQ at the Dealer yesterday, just a test ! - Dave

th0mps0n

Post by th0mps0n »

DaveBerlin, cool, thank you. Dealer must by smiling everytime you show up at his door. How many times you've been there already? :)This reminds me that I have to bug my dealer with price negotiation on accessories. I have ordered only the car, nothing else. I still havn't decided what to put on. Thinking about side illuminated styling bars, but those are quite expensive, but I am very tempted. :) At least I do not have to worry about the space saver, as the car comes with it by default in our country. On the other hand, it comes without alarm. :-(