front brake caliper

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
paul.twyman

Post by paul.twyman »

Hi all. I am new here but can see the forum is very active.I have a quick question. The front off side brake caliper on our 2.0 diesel has seized and needs repair or replacing. I have been quote £380 +vat by nissan for the caliper alone. Is it gold plated!!!!!!!!!!!!I have found a seal kit for £40 and will try that first I think.The question is.Does anyone know wher I can get a less costly new caliper should I neeed one?Many thanks for reading.Paul

smokey

Post by smokey »

Hi I am new to the owners club but have been in the motor vehicle repair business for more than 30 years. It would not be a good idea to try and replace the seals in the brake caliper as it more than likely will have damage to the piston bore. you will buy a replacement caliper from a motor factor far cheaper than a Nissan dealer. I have just replaced the front wishbones on my two litre Tekna for which I was quoted nearly £400 by Nissan, I purchased them from my motor factor for less than £200
smokey

Post by smokey »

Just an update about brake caliper. I checked with my suppliers today and was quoted £120.00 plus VAT for an O.E. quality replacement. This was for my Tekna 2ltr DCI, but would probably be the same for most Q.Q.