Puncture Repair Gunk and Motability

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

We'll be making blue peter style car shows at this rate.Here's on we made earlier :)
Nissan no more...

phaedra

Post by phaedra »

Good news, RAC have got a spare wheel that fits 95% of cars, details are on page 7 of the online Motability magazine, http://digital.edition-on.net/links/790 ... yle_83.asp
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Wow..... what's bad about that article is the fact they have placed a axle stand on a flimsy drain grid!!
Sudhir

Post by Sudhir »

[quote="phaedra"]Good news, RAC have got a spare wheel that fits 95% of cars, details are on page 7 of the online Motability magazine, http://digital.edition-on.net/links/790 ... yle_83.asp[/QUOTE]
That's good news. Probably I don't have to buy a space saver or full size spare wheel then?
2014 Qashqai Tekna Dci Storm White.
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Sounds good and may solve some problems, but not many cars have 19 inch wheels like the Tekna, if this wheel is universal it may fit a range but surely not a full range between average 15 inch to even 20 inch on some vehicles, no tyre profile could cover such a large variation in wheel. You need to know what the 5% of vehicles this wheel does not fit and how many wheels they have, as it may have been loaned out earlier on the day. I am still happy to have the space saver now in my boot. The RAC are welcome to fit that if needed.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Can you inagine the size of a RAC van that just carries space savers alone?The sheer range and they would need more than 1 of each as well lolThis may be a service RAC claim to run but in reality its always subject to parts availableI myself dont like the RAC (they once bounced wifes caravan off side of truck! then lied etc it had to go to court in end as despite photos they claim it wasnt there responsibility) but ill defend them over puncture issues, why should they loan someone a spare who was too tight to buy one?
Scarletlancer

Post by Scarletlancer »

Sorry if this has been said before, at present I have QQ Ntec+. Today I have taken my space saver and put it into the 2014 QQ. The space saver fits in diameter, but does not sit flush. When my new QQ arrives I will need something to support the liner. According to my dealership Nissan are aware of the issue but have no solution available at the moment.
Tekna 1.2 Dig-T Pearl Black.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

were told theres around a 10mm gap the foams are on back order, but it cant be seen as you have the upper boot floor covering it so dont thret
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="Sudhir"][quote="phaedra"]Good news, RAC have got a spare wheel that fits 95% of cars, details are on page 7 of the online Motability magazine, http://digital.edition-on.net/links/790 ... yle_83.asp[/QUOTE]
That's good news. Probably I don't have to buy a space saver or full size spare wheel then?[/QUOTE]
Going back to this subject here is a report from the rim manufacturers, looks interesting, but as Donkey said earlier just how many of these wheels will be available. http://www.dynomec.co.uk/universal-spare-wheel.html
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Just to conclude on this issue for those of you who will be depending on the RAC for a possible wheel loanthe QQ wheel details are:PCD 5 x 114.3Offset 35-40Bore 66.1So in theory if you followed the Dynomec link on my previous post the loan wheel will fit the QQ ok. I still prefer to carry the spare as I would be concerned the RAC may have already loaned out the wheel and non may be available when you need it.