RIM RINgZ

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I have been looking at some kind of protection for the Tekna 19" Alloy Wheels and took a look at the AlloyGator Protectors as used by jonceebee on his QQ. I contacted the Co. in the UK but unfortunately there is no Dealer in Germany so I took a look around and found RIM RINGZ which appears to be out of the US but with a Dealer here. I spoke with my Nissan Dealer and got him interested so he is going to follow this up and make an order. The installation seems to be easier than AlloyGator as it is a complete molded ring basically snapped over the Wheel Rim with the Air removed - hope this is of interest Dave

RIM RINGZa„? is a set of four rings that come in a variety of sizes and colors and can be attached to the edge of a car's alloy wheel. They are made from high quality plastic, durable and resistant to all weather conditions.

http://rimringz.com/products.php?produc ... Z%E2%84%A2
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

stephen160

Post by stephen160 »

thanks for the information , might bring a set back from my florida holiday in August steve
First ever Nissan and have ordered a Qashqui Tekna iCVT in Blue. www.bookmyvilla.com owner
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Just found this if anyone interestedhttp://rimdealer.co.uk/categories/accessories.html
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Steve, a man with the same ideals !. I also visit Florida every year and the suitcases normally have the goodies in - the last couple of years for our Juke, so will have to keep my eyes out now if the Nissan Rogue parts fit the QQ. Parts cost normally well under what is available in the EU.
The cost for the 19" Rim Ringz in the US is 53 Pounds, here in Germany 62 Pounds so there is a slight saving.

Peter, thanks for that UK website It is nice to have options - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
cliffgorse

Post by cliffgorse »

Many thanks Peter for finding rimdealer It is just down the road from my caravan in York, so will be paying them a visit next time i am up there.
1.6 dci CVT Tekna Nightshade Delivery picked up on the 17th
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="DaveBerlin"]Steve, a man with the same ideals !. I also visit Florida every year and the suitcases normally have the goodies in - the last couple of years for our Juke, so will have to keep my eyes out now if the Nissan Rogue parts fit the QQ. Parts cost normally well under what is available in the EU. The cost for the 19" Rim Ringz in the US is 53 Pounds, here in Germany 62 Pounds so there is a slight saving.Peter, thanks for that UK website It is nice to have options - Dave[/QUOTE]£64.50 in the UK then, as you say slight differences, the site also carries a full set of YouTube videos to show how to fit and remove, as you said, jack up the wheel deflate, attach rims etc seems very simple.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.