Alloygators

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
BWA

Post by BWA »

Sorry for the ignorance, I don't pick my car up until 5th October so I can't test myself what I'm asking....... The Tekna comes with 4 cameras and I'm sure I read that you, when reversing yourself, ie not letting car park for you, can select to view the side camera nearest kerb. Is that true? If so is it a good enough view to minimise the risk of kerbing when parking?
65 plate Tekna 1.5 DCI with panoramic roof, magnetic red, space saver spare wheel kit

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Yes, when reversing & you can see 4 screens on display, press camera button again and you get one enlarged screen on front n/side view; not much good if you have left hand drive though!!
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
BWA

Post by BWA »

Gel wrote:Yes, when reversing & you can see 4 screens on display, press camera button again and you get one enlarged screen on front n/side view; not much good if you have left hand drive though!!

Ah ok thanks for that, I was sort of presuming that if you pressed the camera button again it would cycle through the 4 different cameras so you could select one you wanted. Also I'm sure the salesman said if you indicated when parking that the camera view on display would be the side you were indicating towards. Don't hold me on that though, I was given so much info on my test drive it's all blurring in to one lol
65 plate Tekna 1.5 DCI with panoramic roof, magnetic red, space saver spare wheel kit
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gel, can you explain your comment on "not much good if you have left hand drive" !. We have a LH Drive QQ and the Camera works fine for us on the RH Kerb Side or do you mean if you have a "Leftie" in the UK - Dave :D
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Gel

Post by Gel »

Dave, I'd recall earlier forum post that LHD didn’t compensate - seems they do!
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Bobbie

Post by Bobbie »

Kerbed my 19' Alloys on 2nd day of ownership. Had it refurbished and then black gators fitted. I think they look good ( unobtrusive) and they certainly work. Had very bad incident yesterday when Lorry forced me over on narrow road. About 4' of gator sticking out now and so am going back to fitter to have it banged in again, I expect a man would just do it himself . Can happily report that it did save the wheel from damage and another expensive refurb.

image.jpg

image.jpg

2015 1.6 Tekna Diesel 4 WD White
Gel

Post by Gel »

You'll need to check that during use they are still tight against rim; if they've slipped you just need to let some air out, then spray area around protruding Alloygator with soapy water. Then bang in with a rubber/nylon hammer.
Bobbie

Post by Bobbie »

Thank you for your reply. I did not feel confident to do it myself and so went back to original fitters. They have done a great job; looks like new and NO CHARGE
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Looks like the front offside one isnt seated propery.
Bobbie

Post by Bobbie »

I am sure It is fitting perfectly; must be the angle of photo. Had them all checked yesterday while having one on other side put back after bad collision with kerb.