Creaking noise coming from wheel

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Paul, believe it or not I also told our Dealer when we got our QQ never give me a Customer / Dealer Micra (existing model) again as the 3Cyl motor was loud and the Brakes well they left a lot to be desired. We did have the previous model and it was OK.
I might well give the new Micra a Test Drive as our Sales Guy was last week in Dubrovnik, Croatia testing and learning before the launch here - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Paul L

Post by Paul L »

DaveBerlin wrote:Paul, believe it or not I also told our Dealer when we got our QQ never give me a Customer / Dealer Micra (existing model) again as the 3Cyl motor was loud and the Brakes well they left a lot to be desired. We did have the previous model and it was OK.
I might well give the new Micra a Test Drive as our Sales Guy was last week in Dubrovnik, Croatia testing and learning before the launch here - Dave ;)
I have the same thoughts on the Micra Dave.
it was like riding in a go cart with no brakes.
the noise was something else!
my daughter has an Aygo, three cylinder 1 litre.
it's not quiet by any means but compared to the Micra it's much more refined. and the brakes work as they should.
if I do need another courtesy car I will insist that it's not a Micra !
2015 Acenta 1.5 DCI. Smart Vision Pack. Nightshade
Bonnet struts
Must get those mud flaps fitted !
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

The creaking comes and goes on my car. You can bet that if I booked it in to be looked at, the steering wheel wouldn't make a peep while they had it!

Apart from another QQ the only courtesy car I've had has been the all-electric Leaf. It was rather good fun although range wasn't great and the seats are horrid compared to the Qashqai's.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic