Tyre pressure indicators

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

I pick my car up this week and a thought just hit meIm sure it had trye pressure monitoring and ive not seen it in photos or heard it in reviewsHas it got that? or did i dream it

Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

It has got it, I just forgot to take a photo as it is only active when the car is moving (15MPH?)Shows a picture of the car with Target and actual measured for each wheel. Can set to PSI, bar as you like.My targets were as expected (2.3 bar front, 2.1 bar rears) actual cold was 0.1 bar above for all wheels.
Now 1.3 petrol Tekna + Gunmetal (Oct-2022)
Was 1.5dci Tekna+ Gunmetal (March 2018)
Was 1.5dci Acenta Premium Magnetic Red (March 2014)
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

Interesting as I've not seen target on mine..but pretty sure I did check mine when it was parked.....
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Yep, its one of the available screens on the drivers dash. Mine are set to 32F / 30 R (psi) however I have seen as much as 5psi difference when the tyres are warm. I knew they went up as they got warm but didn't realise by that much!The sensors will auto configure, so when you drive the car it calibrates the location so even if you move your rears to your fronts, the display should always be correct! If you need a new sensor, again no programming needed, it will just pick it up as you drive!To get the readings, you need to have driven on a smoothish surface above 15mph (or something like that) for a couple of minutesSome people suggest they are not 100% accurate so use it more as a guide, but mine seem to be quite close to the mark so far!
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

Interesting I'm sure mine are showing at 41 when I checked last.Not even sure what they are supposed to be...man I've been so lazy with this car so far lol
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

They now a MOT problem as if fitted they must be working and Renault Laguna owners are finding that out (the sensors not cheap)Disapointed car needs to run as at 15mph you know yourself tyres are flat but glad to hear its there
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

I think it reports pressures after you've driven a bit. Even when stopped.