Wheel Alignment - Intervals

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
ThreeSixty

Post by ThreeSixty »

Hi,

I was searching the forum & the owner's manual to see what is the recommended interval to check the wheel alignment. But couldn't find any.
I currently have no symptoms that may suggest an alignment check. But is it necessary to do a periodic check even if there are no issues? If yes, what would that interval be?

The tyre dealers' website mentions once a year, but is it just a means of increasing their revenue?

Thank you for your suggestions.
1.5 dCi 360. Ink Blue; Mud Flaps and Internal rubber mats & after market door sill plates.

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

I wouldn't bother unless one of front wheels has suffered a knock/ clear signs of uneven tread wear; both ATS & KWIKFIT offer free alignment checks, but am a little wary is just a revenue earner.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

ThreeSixty, we have just had the Service 11 done on our QQ and there is a line check for Steering Gear etc. but nothing really specific to what you are requesting. As you mentioned if it is a Tyre Related Problem such as vibration or uneven wear or it is mentioned by the Customer then some action will take place - Dave ;)
I have attached part of a Nissan Check List related to the above comments and an article from Nissan USA which might be helpful :

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken