Has anyone had luck in getting Brake Discs under warranty ?

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
Jerry1

Post by Jerry1 »

An update...
Third 'master' technician had a look after I said no fault found is not good enough.
He now confirms that front discs need replacing as warped.
However, disc aren't covered under warranty - if I disagree I have to contact Nissan Customer Relations.
2015 Tekna 1.6dCi in Pearl Black (plus Brink/Thule detachable towbar)

Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

Jerry1 wrote:An update...
Third 'master' technician had a look after I said no fault found is not good enough.
He now confirms that front discs need replacing as warped.
However, disc aren't covered under warranty - if I disagree I have to contact Nissan Customer Relations.
That's exactly the response I got. I phoned the CS that afternoon and was told flatly that they do not cover brakes. So that's the end of that !
Jerry1

Post by Jerry1 »

Hi,
I've been meaning to provide an update for some time.
I did manage to get my front discs and pads replaced under warranty - at 8318 miles by the time they were replaced.
Cheers Jerry.
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

Jerry1 wrote:Hi,
I've been meaning to provide an update for some time.
I did manage to get my front discs and pads replaced under warranty - at 8318 miles by the time they were replaced.
Cheers Jerry.
I am amazed (after the flat NO response that I received). Its a shame that in an instance like this its not possible to get the name of the person that dealed with it at CS and use them for every future issue :)
Teknaman

Post by Teknaman »

I had both the front discs & pads replaced at circa 14k in my X Trail (bought at 13k & warping noted as I drove it home - so much for the multi point check that's done on evety used car !)

It was a bit of a carry on. Car was in for hours before they confirmed what I'd told them before I stuck it in, 'your discs are warped', then we had to wait for some computer submitted warranty claim to be approved (apparently if can take hours !) then we had a discussion about who was paying for the pads that were damaged by the warped discs...'only' going to cost £50 as they already had the wheels off. In the end they did both at their cost...seems we have a serious lack of consistency here !
2015 Qashqai 1.6 2wd Dci Tekna Ink Blue with Pano roof...otherwise it's standard spec, so lots of scope for additions.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Here is a Nissan Attachment that seems to confirm what is covered under Guarantee. Under "Exclude Items" is a comment regarding Brakes, I hope this helps - Dave ;)

FullSizeRender(40).jpg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Jerry1

Post by Jerry1 »

I agree that brakes shouldn't normally be covered as these are wear items.
However, in most cases we are talking about warped discs at low mileage.
I guess Nissan just need to continue doing what they are doing and judge each case on it's merits.
David C

Post by David C »

I am booked in to have mine done next Tuesday under warranty after reporting the same issues at the first service - the car is on just under 8k miles. I bought the car from Nissan at 6 months old and 3k miles and the dealer said that the cause would have been likely to be that the car had been sat still for a long period of time before I owned it.
2015 Qashqai 1.5dci Tekna in Storm White

2008 Octavia 2.0dci auto vrs estate in Blue
Teknaman

Post by Teknaman »

My X Trail had sat for 4months through the winter...so that ties in with that suggestion.
2015 Qashqai 1.6 2wd Dci Tekna Ink Blue with Pano roof...otherwise it's standard spec, so lots of scope for additions.
alexnic

Post by alexnic »

Had to get mine replaced at 12k, nissan would not entertain a warranty claim even tho' garage said it was not wear and tear :(