Qashqa Rim - Hi Spec

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
Bios

Post by Bios »

Hi every
Maybe someone can shed some light on the problem I am having with my Qashqai. It is only 4 months old.

For some reason, the rear rims top coating seems to be fading. I first notice little speckles, and did not worry about it, thinking it was dirt or something.
After giving it a good wash and as i was wipping the inner rim, the speckles turned the rim area into a dark patch. Fearing that this will continue. I stopped.

I don't use this vehicle near any chemical plants or any such areas for something to spill on it nor do I use any wheel cleaners.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

Please see attached pictures.

Bios

1.jpg

2.jpg

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Bios, if your QQ is only 4 months old then I would recommend going back to the Dealer and pushing for Replacements because you have the problem with 2 wheels. You do have a Guarantee, you have photos and you can inform NCS as a complaint to get this on paper.
It looks like there is a problem with the Coating with this so called "White Worm" effect. Take a look at the attachment this could be of interest to you - Dave ;)

Tekna Diamond Cut Wheels :
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1988&p=22165&hilit ... lem#p21908
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
jstallan

Post by jstallan »

Mine had the same problem. Long story short, the dealer refurbished the wheels (I bought the car at 6 months old from them) . If your car is only 4 months old and you are the only owner then I'd push for replacements (not refurbs).

I did post on here about my issue but can't find it..
2014 (64) QashQai 1.5 dci Tekna in Blade Silver
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

To be honest it looks likd youve attacked the wheel in the second photo with a block of glass paper! I really cant see how it could be after just washing it. Show us a photo of the entire wheel.
switchback

Post by switchback »

Have you lost any brake fluid? Where the erosion finishes on the spokes suggests something entering from behind the wheel as it stops so abruptly..............................either that or you've driven through a chemical spillage on the road perhaps.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.