Cheap spare wheel?

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Any ideas what other cars share the wheels with the new QQ guys?Im old and having a spare rather than a can of squirty stuff does apealVauxhall etc charge £100 for a spare wheel kit and Nissan want double thatI dont care even a 15" spare better than a space saver, a jack and whellbrace ill have in shedSo im thinking of getting a second hand wheel that will fit the hole and get me homeWondering what you guys are going to do or any tips on models that wil fit and ill run down the car breakers

Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Talking '14 model?£200 for space saver and jack from Nissan.My dad suggested ebay (he spied one for £100 for his Juke), however does not come with jack. Problem with the QQ is its high ground clearance may make "normal" height jacks unusable.The other problem is the floor may not even take a space saver without causing an issue with the flatness of the boot floor. A full size one WILL be too large for the 'spare wheel well'
Spider

Post by Spider »

The space saver from Nissan fits well, boot floor is even, it replaces the polystyrene tidy
Spider - Tekna 1.6dci CVT Xtronic
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

I'm getting prices for a full size 19" wheel. from what I've read, they will come up to under the top level of the split level boot space so you will be losing the 'extra space'.The other thing I've read is that a space saver is limited to about 50 miles at 50mph. also it seems that using a smaller wheel e.g. 17" as a spare, will cause handling problems so may as well stick to the space saver.I'm still going to get a compatible 19" wheel and tyre, waiting for a garage to source a spare whilst trying to get on to a booked ferry to shetland is not my idea of fun . a full sized spare will make long journeys less fraught.
andrewjoseph2014-03-28 12:05:38
tekna cvt mag red
Deleted User 759

For me, the space saver limitations are not an issue, its an emergency tool used to get you out of a bind quickly.Interesting about the space saver reported to be fitting correctly, as I say was told yesterday it would "poke up" a touch. Might investigate further then if that's the case!If it is the case that they are a good fit and multiple people want them (space saver)..... group buy to try and bring the price down?
SplanK2014-03-28 12:09:19
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

From my lease company contact'Reply from my Nissan dealer:
£432.50+VAT but it doesn't fit under the boot so would take up boot space' can someone please measure from bottom of wheel well to underside of top floor board, and width of 19" tyre please?i've seen compatible wheels for less than £150 plus tyre £ 150 plus jack etc.thanks.
tekna cvt mag red
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

I'm just going to call the recovery people....not going to use the gunk as it means you HAVE to replace the tyre regardless of severity of the puncture..
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Im talking about new QQ 2014My brother in law has old QQ and to be fair once polysterene removed hes got a huge hole Im going continent so having a proper spare does settle my nerves ill take an old bottle jack and a couple of chunks of woodIt dont have to be 17" as ill be using it as a space saver just to get me outa sh*t but the space savers scare me when you see them on a car driving down the road, using the gunk spray is just dumb as most places wont repair a tyre thats had that used so a simple puncture can be expensiveWondering if an old Almera tyre would fit and make a handy spare, wont look good but will get you home or to the tyre shop
Deleted User 759

Almera is 4 stud, QQ's are 5 so wont fit.You could look at an older QQ whee or I know the Juke is 5 stud so if the PCD's/bolt offset are the same??

SplanK2014-03-28 15:32:28
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

damn my idea of a micra set no good then