Alloy gatorz,which colour?

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
i am a believer

Post by i am a believer »

Greetings fellow qq lovers.

Lurking quite for some time and finally we bought a qq tekna 2 weeks ago.

Now i feel that is time to protect the lovely alloy wheels that seem so delicate.

Car is white but i cant pick the colour for it.

Black,graphite,silver,white?

Any suggestions,(pics would be lovely!-if possible-) will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the magnificent job here and the vast knowledge you provided until i made the purchase decision.

Keep it up!

Bill.

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Personally I wouldn't bother with them. Just learn to park more carefully. If you must, then colour is purely a personal choice.
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Congrats on your new QQ.

If you want to fit AlloyGators I'd say black will be the least obtrusive. White will look grubby quickly and show the join if not perfect. Unless silver or graphite are a very good match to the wheel they will look like add-ons too.

But with the 360° cameras you should be able to manage without the extra expense of AlloyGators - plus there are some folks that believe water gets trapped around the periphery of the rims and causes "white worm" under the plastic.

Enjoy the car!
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I am a Believer, firstly welcome to the Forum if you have not already searched through it for "Alloygators" then take a look at " Search" there is a vast amount of info' here.
The Guy with the most experience IMHO is Jonceebee he has had these Gators on his White QQ from virtually day one. As we also have a White Pearlescent QQ Tekna I tend to keep photos for ref and I have the photos of Jon's QQ, but they are also on the Website. Jon has also just written a Post on the " Worm" - see attached !

Jon, I hope you do not think I have jumped the Gun giving your information (all on the Forum) - Dave ;)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just posted this elsewhere - Take a read Dave ;)

image.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
i am a believer

Post by i am a believer »

Thanks for all these replies, damn so fast guys!

White looks a bit off to me but after all its a personal taste.
All in all QQ in white looks amazing! Especially with the trunk chromes.

The worn on diamond cut wheels you've mentioned makes me double think it.

Boy and I thought I would get back my peace of mind after picking up the qq.

How wrong I was!