Tekna wheels to Black

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I meant to add a close up of the wheels, so here it is, apologies for making it two threads

QQ Black wheel close up.jpg

QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Jon, looking nice as expected ! ;) so the "Worm" was really that bad were the Alloy Rim Edges eaten away very much ? - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

The worm was encroaching by approx 6mm around most of the clear gloss, but by far much worse under the gators which had powdered the alloy in places and needed some remediation work prior to the etching and powder coat.

I know the manufacturers said they may not be suitable for Diamond cut wheel's, but the wheel repairer said he has seen similar damage on all types of alloys and added they are a waste of money and will create damage on all alloys.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
switchback

Post by switchback »

I needed 4 new tyres on the Qashqai so decided to get the corroded wheels painted at the same time, gloss black all over rather than diamond cut which I was never that keen on. The wheel painters are doing a roaring trade refurbishing nearly new diamond cut wheels. They really are crap with just a thin layer of stone chip vulnerable lacquer to stop the corrosion. I should have blacked the tyres for the photo's.

Corrosion was caused by the Alloygators in my case.

2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Not so good looking on my ink blue Tekna me thinks!
Could go for a blue when I need to.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
switchback

Post by switchback »

Look much better now I've blacked the tyres 8-) .

2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

Looks great makes it different to all the other white QQ .... up here we have lots of QQ....seeing lots of the new blue on the roads as they are easy to spot....david
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
switchback

Post by switchback »

david sunderland wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:40 pm seeing lots of the new blue on the roads as they are easy to spot....david
I hope I don't sound sexist, but the new blue looks a bit too feminine for my liking.......................... :|
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

david sunderland wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:40 pm Looks great makes it different to all the other white QQ .... up here we have lots of QQ....seeing lots of the new blue on the roads as they are easy to spot....david
When I sent this was I looking at white QQ. ????
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car