19in Spare Wheel

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
adszee

Post by adszee »

Hi All,
I am thinking about buying a Space Saver Wheel Kit size 145/ 90/16. After getting a hole in the side wall of my tyre the Gunk would have been useless for that type of puncture, so it cost me a trip with the Breakdown Truck and a new tyre, but before I go down the road of a Space Saver, my question is, could a full size 19in spare be put in that area of the boot.
If there any members that have successfully done this, could you please give me some advice on how.

Regards,
Adszee

QQ 1.6 Tekna CVT/ Bronze /born November 2015

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Adszee, as you have stated I believe most of the members went down the "Space Saver Wheel" route because IMHO opinion this was the easiest and most convenient way - almost plug and play it was so easy. There was a load of discussions on the Forum in early 2014 and it may well pay you to have a "Search" and read some of the comments. From what I remember the 19" will fit diameter wise but the height / wheel width restricted the use of the dummy carpet under the removal boards etc
Take a look at "Chassis / Wheels & Tyres" - "Spare Tyre / Gunk / Jack etc" and "Full Size Spare" for examples, I hope this is of some help - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
adszee

Post by adszee »

Cheers Dave will have a look and decide.

Regards,
Adszee
brianthelian

Post by brianthelian »

i dont know if you got my reply but in it i suggested that you try your own 19 " tyre for height personally i would not reccomend for the tekna because the pressure sensors are expensive also after gunk it is not recomended to reuse the tyre and valve and with the rotation to wear evenly it could pe a nusence i think the sensors are expensive as if they have a battery life of 4 years i have the spacesaver spair i think it is a shame in the tecna 19" that a NARROW 145x45 19"spare wheel isnt made because there would be lots of usefull space in the centre. A couple of large black plastic bags for dirty wheel change could be usefullyincluded in the kit eather way be reluctant to use the gunk if your tyre is newish and repairable dont you think? i hope you have better luck oh in spain a tow truck is compulsery and included in car insurance because it is illegal to repair by the roadside or even wash a car on the road regards all from Brian in torrevieja
brian
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Brian, could not agree with you more on the Gunk comments, just talk to a Dealer on repairing or attempting to repair a damaged Tyre with Gunk in it. There is the disassembly, cleaning up the mess, cleaning or replacing the complete Valve Assy (will not do, will fit new), then cleaning up the Alloy Wheel and this stuff sticks like S _ _ _ to a blanket and time is money.
You then have to way up the Pros & Cons for a Spare Wheel or just chance your luck, we have had now 4 Nissan's from 2006 and in this time had 1 puncture, possibly we were lucky. I like to be ready for the inevitable and that is be prepared, so we do have a Space Saver - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
adszee

Post by adszee »

Thanks Brian for your input and advice taking in account the past posts and the reply from DaveBerlin I think I will go for the Space Saver Kit . I have already been in touch with Glyn Hopkin in the UK the kit form them is £187.91 inc V.A.T. and they will delivery it to Spain, not told me the cost yet!! but if its £50 for the Courier service it is cheaper than what I have been quoted by my local Nissan garage of 618.52 Euros which is about £481 pounds !!
How much did you pay Brian? did you have it done at the Torrevieja dealers ? I live in El Mojon I take mine to San Javier or Cartangena for repair etc,
will let you know the final cost of the "Wheel"

Best Regards,
Adszee
brianthelian

Post by brianthelian »

adszee helo from Torrevieja got my invoice from Torrevieja as follows
99550-JN90A gato completo(jack) 153.20 -23 117.96€
40300-BA67A CUBIERTA RUEDA R 76.50 -20 61.20€
ACC02-69411 135/90/R16 102 COMTINENTAL 102.45 -20 81.20€
99552-0U000 VARILLA MANGO GATO 21.06 -20 16.84€
99545-0U000 LLAVE TUERCAS RUEDA 13,20 -20 10.56€ ( THE SPANNER WAS 22mm THE
40311-9C000 VALVULA AIRE 1.15 -20 0.92€ TEKNA IS 19mm so they got me
the 19mm one later
IVA 60.76 TOTAL 350.22€
also the foam sides were missing they found them
i bought a dial tyre tread depth checker from internet amazon and a torque wrench for 28€
please only use the no. as a ref because i dont know if they are correct they were on my invoice i reccomend that you try the new wheel when you get home and that the spanner is ok
there is a dunlop tyre i found with the same wet grip and 3db quieter and with a large sidewall rim protector like a gator i think but i wont be changeing mine untill the 4 years pressure sensors batterys are failing by then with the first mot if they are required. i have all the chrome surrounde door handles and inner sheeths grey door trims on the pearl white grey shark fin Ariel front rear packs light grey leather 1.6 xtronic diesel 2015 june panoromic roof rear wind deflecters i scrapped the front because they obstructed the vision in the rain and dull weather also nissan fitted iluminated ground crome sill rails bonnet struts. twin internal tailgate ilumination .and both sides of the boot lights and both sides boot 12v power sockets. rear light eyebrows etc etc. the REAR window wind reflecters i have fitted to leave the back windows just ajar and not noticable in when parking in the spanish sun i have chrome covers on the electric seat controlls that are (lh) advertised in eBay for the xtrail also i fitted driveing glasses keeper (grey) above the drivers door as people use the handles to get in and out and in spain without spare glasses are a felony and good law when eyes are like mine. will chat more if you want an ameteur advice later o ps i bought passenger windscreen wiper blade an inch longer fron alcampo for 3€ and are not ofsett but perform better than the originals that i keep as spare regards brian
brian
brianthelian

Post by brianthelian »

allso any advice from daveberlin i have found to be honest and sound. i trust all his info completely
brian
adszee

Post by adszee »

Cheers Brian for sending me your invoice details, it's a bit of a difference in price from the quote I got eh! It just shows you how good it is to have a forum so that you can get some good info on all subjects.
Will keep in touch just in case I need to pick your brains at some later stage so thanks again for your help

Best regards,
Adszee
brianthelian

Post by brianthelian »

ive got a spare whwwe for sale at half price (complete ) in torre viejaspain can travel half distance upto 60km
brian