Heavy Steering - is it me ?

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
jstallan

Post by jstallan »

Tried flipping between Sport and Normal, but no difference. Car is and has always been set to Normal. Even mentioned this to the technician when we were out on a test drive.
2014 (64) QashQai 1.5 dci Tekna in Blade Silver

Bigmen

Post by Bigmen »

I experienced heave steering wheel first time just 30 min ago when turning right.
I wanted to turn right, heavy steering wheel and lights goes low when i tried to turn.
I park it, start it again, no problems at all, but my mileage mpg and temperature reset .
Temp shows me 15c when is 7.
Dont know what happend.
Might be a computer issue ? Now its seems to be alright..
scimitargtc

Post by scimitargtc »

My 2016 xtronic diesel tekna a similar with heavy steering in normal mode and even heavier in sport. Offsprings have a seat Leon fr diesel estate, a Skoda Octavia 245 vrs estate and a Peugeot 308 diesel all of which are lighter. Purchased a new Skoda citigo for city running which is Almost stupidly light. My Old Range Rover steering is similar t the qq but is very sensitive to tyre pressures. I had an Audi A4 Ultra SE auto company car for 3 months shortly before retirement at the end of 2017 and it was well balanced and weighted. I personally doubt there is anything adrift and you may have 3 options ie swap to another brand, live with it or join a gym, (excuse that last less than humerous thought). I hope you have found further employment which may help with options
2016 1.6 xtronic tekna diesel 130 bhp
1998 4.6 v8 Range Rover petrol auto 225 bhp
2019 Skoda Citigo 1.0 sel green tech 5 dr 75 bhp
2009 Vauxhall Astra Twintop 1.8 petrol sport 2 door 138bhp