Nissan Tekna Wheels - Please Help!

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
juan

Post by juan »

Hi all!

I recently bought a second hand 2014 Nissan Tekna, whilst washing the car, I noticed that both of the front alloys have some kind of white residue over the black parts of the alloy. (Please see pictures)

Yesterday I tried to clean the residue with Bilt Hamber Auto Wheel, however the problem remains.

Can someone recommend how I can fix this issue??

Thanks!

IMAG0572.jpg

IMAG0574.jpg

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Try a polishing compound such as Farcela G3 or G10; does surface feel smooth still?

I wonder if someone used an aggressive wheel cleaner spray (contain acid) , and was left on more then permitted time,
sometimes as short as 30 seconds.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
jstallan

Post by jstallan »

I had that on mine - front wheels only. I ended up getting the dealership to refurb the wheels at their cost (it was only 6 months old when I purchased it).
2014 (64) QashQai 1.5 dci Tekna in Blade Silver
juan

Post by juan »

Thank you both for your advice!

Gel - the surface feels rough rather than smooth. I will give farcela a go! If this fails, I will speak with the dealership to see if this is cover under the 3 year warranty.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Its only really stubborn brake dust. WD40 helps to get it off if you keep on top of it. Also use some stuff I got from Costco a while back, its called 'Oil Eater' and contains mild alkaline salts.
juan

Post by juan »

Dear all, thank you for all of your advice. I tried to remove the residue with wd40 but nothing changed. Because of this, I decided to contact the dealership who after taking some photos of the problem, agreed to replaced both of the front wheels as part of the warranty!

Very happy with Nissan's service and my two new wheels!!!