windshield wipper

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
luiscana

Post by luiscana »

hello QQers!
I have my new 1.2 DIG-T Nissan Qashqai for already couple of months and besides the wind issue coming into the cockpit I just happen to note another annoying problem: While washing my car by hand and trying to take away all the dirt from the from windshield I intended to bend / stand the left side wiper (it bends to the left) I can not fully bend it back as it would scratch the border of the bonet (hoods)....

Have any of you experienced it ? solve it ?

p.d. not sure where this post should be inserted so if moderator moves it accordingly big thanks!

Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

Have a look in the manual, it'll tell you how to put them into the 'park' position so you can lift them!
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

luiscana, this has been a point raised before and is annoying but can be overcome, so please take a look at the following Posts which should help you - Dave ;) :

Splank (Steve) Stated : This is done by design and there is a FAQ about it (I think!). You need to put the wiper blades into service mode (double tap up the wiper stalk).

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1131#p11918

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2326&hilit=Wiper+Position#p25319

This what I done to prevent Bonnet Edge Damage cheap & simple :

When driving our QQ I like to be able to see and have a clear Front Screen. So I normally I lift the Wipers Arms and clean the Blades (Debris / Tree droppings etc..) and this can result in Bonnet Edge Paint Damage when lifting one (LHD) if you are not careful when lifting the Arm. So to save going through the procedure of moving the Wiper Arms to the vertical position I have just done a quick modification. I have added some Rubber Buffers (I am sure most DIY members have these in their toolboxes) to the Arm in the position that will actually touch the Bonnet edge. If you are heavy handed I would recommend going with thicker Buffers. All I did was to add some sticky tape, mark a line for the contact position, clean the arm with alcohol and stick the Buffer, as it is black it does not look out of place IMHO - Job Down in less than 5 mins and the part can be removed and replaced easily if and when necessary - Dave

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2621&p=27709&hilit ... ion#p27709
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
luiscana

Post by luiscana »

thank you all guys for the reply!
as many of you ( I hope.. ) I dont look at my manual which I should better do... :)