full size spare

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
korky

Post by korky »

Now that's a great idea re winters...would be tempted myself for the parents had we not a new car on way next month ourselves

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

On discussing the point of Winter Wheels & Tires our Sales Guy has quoted us for 16" Steelies & Winter Tires because he claims the smaller Rolling Dia. & Width of the Tire helps in snowy weather here.
I am a lover of Alloys and both our Note & Juke have two sets and we have never experienced Problems, but now we are looking at 19" Wheels. I have treated our Wheels with Nano polish and they seem OK with little if any corrosion.
I am already looking for Alloys but because here they have to be approved with an ABE (Type Approval) there are not many options at present for the new QQ J11 2014 and the other problem will be the cost - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

Well the diameter of the wheels will be the same. narrower yes will cut through easier but will compress to ice easier too.I think winter tyres have different compound and tread.
andrewjoseph2014-05-10 07:48:46
tekna cvt mag red
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

andrewjoseph, you are absolutely correct about the Winter Tire Rubber Composition & Tread Patterns. But the diameters will be different due to the varying Wheel Dias. & Tire Profiles for instance now the Std. is : Visia 16" Total Dia with Tire = 20.32" / Acenta 17" = 21.72" / Tekna 19" = 22,54". Now what is available a a Winter Tire I have no idea at present - Thanks for your comment Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

If the overall wheel/tyre diameter is different than original, the speedo will be wrong.The wheel size can be different, the tyre diameter cannot.
tekna cvt mag red
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

So what you are saying is that the Speedo on the 3 different QQ's have different Speedo Setups ? - Dave
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

[quote="DaveBerlin"]So what you are saying is that the Speedo on the 3 different QQ's have different Speedo Setups ? - Dave[/QUOTE]
no, i'm saying that they have the same size tyre diameter. otherwise the spacesaver wheel with 16" wheel size, would cause all sorts of problems. it would be smaller on the corner the wheel was put on and be very dangerous to drive.Think about it, the spacesaver only comes in 16" wheel, for all cars, 17,18 and 19" wheels.They all use the same spacesaver, with the same size tyre on it. the space saver does not come in different versions.For it to fit on any car, it must have the same size outer diameter.
andrewjoseph2014-05-10 11:36:57
tekna cvt mag red
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Put another way all the Qashqai's are the same height from the ground to the top of the roof.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

andrewjoseph, I think I am beginning to loose the plot because when you use the Data from Nissan the Wheel / Tire combinations are as stated in the previous comments above :

The Overall diameters will be different due to the varying Wheel Dias. & Tire Profiles for instance now the Std. is : Visia 16" Total Dia with Tire = 20.32" Dia / Acenta 17" = 21.72" Dia / Tekna 19" = 22,54" Dia.
You can see the difference is sizes LH Space Saver 16" x 90mm / RH 19" x 45mm Tekna Low Profile.

The Space Saver Spare is a 16" Dia Wheel with a Tire 145x90 /16 which = 23,08". Therefore to me there is a difference in Diameters from the 16" Std Wheel / Tire to Spacer Wheel / Tire of 3.06" on Diameter.
Also the Space Saver Spare is only an Emergency "Get you Home Setup" and should not be used for long periods and there is a speed restriction also which has been mentioned elsewhere in the Forum.
I hope this explains what I was trying to get at - all facts calculated are from Nissan Data Thanks Dave
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

Dave, I'm not sure why Nissan are giving this info. doesn't make sense to me. As said above all car models are same height. I wouldn't put a wheel of different size on my car for any length of time.Edit:Are you calculating these figures yourself? can you tell me where you got them from?
andrewjoseph2014-05-10 18:51:46
tekna cvt mag red